Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Advice Wanted xxxxxxxx.org.uk will be cancelled in 7 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nominet have emailed me saying that my .org.uk will be cancelled in 7 days. If it was not too expensive I'd like to renew it. Anyone know roughly how much this would cost?

Who have you registered it with - shouldn't cost more than £10 for 2 years with most registrars?

Stephen.

It should only cost you £7, look at your registrars site at their renewal fees but don't pay something like £20 because that's a rip off !

Thanks - so it will be the standard registration fee. Will Nominet want money off me too? If so do you know how much?

Is someone else using your acorn account, because i'm sure your the same guy that repeatedly gives out advice to people.

And you can't even find out how much a org.uk domain is to renew, come on?

Just hope it isn't with monster, as you probably dont own it anymore :)

Is someone else using your acorn account, because i'm sure your the same guy that repeatedly gives out advice to people.

And you can't even find out how much a org.uk domain is to renew, come on?

Just hope it isn't with monster, as you probably dont own it anymore :)

Got to admit I was baffled as to why he doesn't know this :?

PHP:
Hi folks my account has not been taken over.

Its my fault for not being clearer...............

The reason for my question is that I have never rescued a domain in the last few days before its finally cancelled - I was always under the impression that it cost a lot at this late stage to do so.

I DONT want to just renew the domain - its much more complicated. Its gone from my control panel and its not got a tag anymore, so it means dealing with Nominet too, which I have never had to do. This is more than simply paying for two years renewal - I think.

Nominet have a nice chart illustrating the suspension process, which is worth looking at. link. This domain is at the third box from the end.

I think a call to Nominet and then my registrar is the answer..............

Last edited:
You can renew even on day of cancellation.... still costs same old Registrar price of £5.90+VAT (or whatever it is) although not sure if you can do this only if you have your own TAG.... otherwise ou woudl have to do the day before it's dropped to be safe...

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom