Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Adwords: What a terrible system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Part Vent, part question:

I setup an adwords account a month ago and put £400 quid into it. It was approved and I thought, good to go. My website went live on Tuesday so I took the campaign off hold only to find that the account was showing as in review when it had already been approved.

The next morning I called through and spoke to a guy who looked into it for me and said he would get back to me by midday - he didn't although later on in the afternoon my account was runnings again. I added one ad group later on in the day and everything was running fine until 2 hours ago (the following day) when again, my account has gone into review.

I called Google again and they said that this happens everytime you add a keyword or adgroup. I just wanted to check that this is the case with you lot because after dealing with Google's slap happy staff (some of the most unprofessional emails Ive ever received (spelling mistakes, lack of empathy, etc)) I don't really trust what they say.

So, is it normaly, if you add one keyword, or one adgroup to a campaign, the other keywords and adgroups go into review as well? If this is the case then I can't see any common sense reason for this as they have already been reviewed.

Anything that's newly added (campaigns, groups, ads and keywords) normally goes into an automatic review. Mine takes anywhere from a few seconds to hours to be active.

Everything that's already come out of review shouldn't be affected though. I've never had that, if I did then I'd never have anything live due to optimising a few times a day!

Just realised how bad my grammar is in the OP. I'm not thick - honest!

Anything that's newly added (campaigns, groups, ads and keywords) normally goes into an automatic review. Mine takes anywhere from a few seconds to hours to be active.

Everything that's already come out of review shouldn't be affected though. I've never had that, if I did then I'd never have anything live due to optimising a few times a day!

Thats EXACTLY what I said to the girl. Many people would never have live campaigns because of tweaks and stuff. She said whenever you add a keyword or Adgroup the whole campaign gets refused. I said no it doesn't (questioning my sanity because I'm talking to a "Google Adwords Professional" here!) - she tells me it does. Im flummoxed. So I ask her what the reason is for the whole campaign being reviewed when all I've done is add a couple of keywords. She says it's for legal reasons. Yes - legal reasons. Of course she didn't know what the legal reasons she was referring to were.

So another shoddy customer experience on top of the other four. I can understand they are probably targeted on getting people setup and future spend but come one!

The great thing now is that It says it will take 2-3 days to review (presumably manually) so Im guessing Monday now at the earliest before my ads show.

Campaigns are always under review even when your account is inactive.

I think it is stop you running short-term campaigns that violate their terms before they catch up with you - which a lot of people were doing.

Campaigns are always under review even when your account is inactive.

I think it is stop you running short-term campaigns that violate their terms before they catch up with you - which a lot of people were doing.

But that doesn't explain why they would they pause/review a whole campaign because I added an adgroup? I've got no problem with them doing it behind the scenes but to say we're not going to show any of your ads because you added X keyword takes the Michael.

We use Adwords for multiple campaigns and i've never heard of adding 1 keyword or even an adgroup causing the rest of the campaign to stop being displayed whilst under review. Sounds like a fault to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom