Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Adwords - Whats the Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I created an Ad to run in conjunction with the launch of a new site on March 1st.

It is still under review 8 days later!!:mad: There is nothing in the ad that goes against the terms and condtions.

Whats the point in Adwords If you cant run an ad when you want to.
Searching G there are hundreds of posts on forums and blogs with others complaining about how long it takes to get a add reviewed, some people have waited months.

Apparently the ads are checked manually and there can be backlogs (maybe they shouldn't have laid of loads of staff then).

You would think with all their billions and whizzkid programmers they might have automated this by now.:confused:

I know how you feel, mine is still pending or somthing :confused:
its driving me mad, im making some good £ with the site and desperatley want to know what sort of a difference Adwords will make.

If you spend enough you'll get a direct telephone contact at Google and your ads are approved within the hour. Obviously that doesn't help your average user!

But I guess from a business point of view it's obviously in Google's interest to look after there 10k+ per day advertisers ahead of people with one or two ads.

Don't be afraid to email them though and give them a nudge.

Yes mine is also pending from 15 days as peter_w said I am following but I did not find any telephone number so if you have then please share it. :(

They won't just give it out - you'll need to be spending 10k+ a day I expect to get a personal account manager.

This is not true that if you are spending 10k then G provide any account manager my company daily budget is 15k to 18k and we tried too much to contact the google but did get any response.

They won't just give it out - you'll need to be spending 10k+ a day I expect to get a personal account manager.

This is not true that if you are spending 10k then G provide any account manager my company daily budget is 15k to 18k and we tried too much to contact the google but did get any response.

At my old company they spent 1600 a day and had an account manager.

I've noticed it tends to be the first ad you set up which takes the longest to approve, after that it's pretty fast.

I gave up with adwords personally after they took the money out of my bank account instead of the £75 voucher I'd entered.

It's probably just a case of they contact you after a while. If you are spending 15 to 18k I can't see any reason why you won't get a personal account manager. If you want to speed the process along just contact them via e-mail saying you are having trouble with something and are unsure if you will be continuing with your adwords spend. I'm sure someone will be in touch.

They're usually pretty good about replying quickly via email or forum post. What is GOOG saying is going to be the turnaround time for approval?

That seems strange. I've never had any delay in having my ads accepted. Usually they're up and running within the hour........maybe I've just been very lucky so far!

Internet Marketing Essex

^^^ tjones spam link reported

If I remember the number correctly in 2010 you were required to spend 45k a month on adwords to get an account manager. They were pretty garbage even when I got one.

That said adwords are great but take a lot more management and understanding than perhaps they should do.

The AdWord team actually reply to e-mails really fast. Just a few months ago I contacted them about one of my ads and I was surprised to get a reply with the hour, their reply required me to give them some more info and after sending these to them I got a solution within 10 mins. I think they have improved it a lot.

However that maybe because they have out sourced support to India or something = cheaper.

If I remember the number correctly in 2010 you were required to spend 45k a month on adwords to get an account manager. They were pretty garbage even when I got one.

That said adwords are great but take a lot more management and understanding than perhaps they should do.

£45k a month to get an account manager? Over £0.5M per annum BEFORE Google give you a human to speak to? Fuck them off, that isn't service in any book I know!

I've never had to wait except once when I had an ad saying no pills and they wanted me to edit the ad.

Ps. There are other ad networks ;)

Once your account and ads is approved, it usually goes very quick getting new ads and ad groups approved.

I am still waiting for my adds to be approved!!

I've had an email from a Google.com email address (well looks like Ventura - one of their adword partners) first saying they can help set up my first campaign and get started as a free service. When I explained the situation he said he can give me a call if I give him my number and help activate the account and get up and running.

Anyone any experiences or had this?

It did coincide with my opening the account so would have to be a very good coincidence if was a spam message.

I believe someone posted before about that happening and the phone number turned out to be a fake one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom