Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Afternic to launch lease to own?

Reaction score
Hi All, Just reading over on NP that Afternic is to launch Lease-to-Own soon.

Got to be a good thing right?
Commissions dependent :rolleyes:

My question as its proably the tie up with DAN now part of the GD stable that brought this about is - As we already have this on domains we have for sale on DAN will it automatically apply to Afternic?

Or will we have to signup for a new Afternic account if we dont have one?

Any feeback on this anyone?

All the best... Jim.

Just found this - https://www.namepros.com/threads/le...es-what-you-can-do-today-to-be-ready.1306289/

We will be launching Lease to Own soon, and when we do, a Lease to Own option will be available for customers using the Dan.com Lander option at Afternic. At the same time, we will begin the rollout of Lease to Own at GoDaddy search.

Am I reading old news - Has it already launched and did it launch before DAN?
I dont think so but confused...

It is not yet launched - I think that Afternic will initially use Dan for lease to own transactions.

Everything at Dan is now automatically syndicated to Afternic so there should be no need to sign up with Afternic at this point.

I would guess in the next year Dan gets rolled into Afternic and does not exist any longer.

I would guess in the next year Dan gets rolled into Afternic and does not exist any longer.

The most valuable thing about DAN is increasingly its domain name. GoDaddy are turning what was a very successful disruptive startup into a business as usual platform.

It is not yet launched - I think that Afternic will initially use Dan for lease to own transactions.

Everything at Dan is now automatically syndicated to Afternic so there should be no need to sign up with Afternic at this point.

Thanks for this Atlas.
I can see now its a new post only put up five days ago.
I think you're right on GD/Afternic taking whatever is of any use out of DAN and it just becomes another aftermarket platform in the portfolio...

...but in-in-all a good thing for domain sellers right?
Bigger marketplace and lease-to-own should help boost sales?

...but in-in-all a good thing for domain sellers right?
Bigger marketplace and lease-to-own should help boost sales?

Maybe good for .com owners or those in the US but being forced to dealing in dollars is not good for us in the UK / EU

Valid point but do WE have anything close as a multi-layered platform to sell domains to engage end users?

Lease to Own and Make an Offer are real bonus options for selling any domain name.

I've always believed that the .co.uk was the only country-specific url that really bucked the .com trend and I still believe that, - Bottom line is we need a credible DAN.type UK?

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom