Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Against Google TOS?

Discussion in 'Google Adsense' started by aZooZa, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

The google ads and the results links on the demo look very similar, hard to pick them apart and confusing...so yes I think you may have a problem. Why not e-mail google and ask...

4. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Thanks nnh. I have posed the question on the AdSense forum ages ago but no reply. Anyone else have a take on this? Cheers!

5. rob

rob Founding Member

IMHO it would break the adsense T&C's

Plus, its idiotic as google's CSE product does this and better.

Do a search on buycars.co.uk | Welcome for example of CSE in action, the paid version is even better :)

6. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Cheers Rob. Can you pre-form the URLs with CSE with your keywords? Is that okay with G?

Like this using the keyword 'domains':

| Welcome

7. rob

rob Founding Member

Yes - you can have auto searches / preform.

The most powerful aspect of CSE is the ability to have site only searches, and custom url searches. eg. say if you wanted a domain only search, you could make it so it only covers acorn/nominet/icann whatever.

Lots of clever stuff can be done, and quite lucrative as well in the right niches.

8. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

I have the Google CSE search set up like that on one my sites so that results open in a page on my site, earnings from clicking ads on the search results page seem to pay better than normal Adsense clicks on my site pages.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  9. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Thanks Kev and Rob. Maybe I'm just having a 'thicko' day but if you wanted to use CSE for parking, are you able to 'stuff' the URL as a basic forward/redirect? As you can see, this kind of thing isn't my forte :(

So, to accomplish what I'm talking about, could I set up a simple URL redirect that results in a lander? Like this again where I have added the keyword 'domains' to the Google URL gibberish:

http:// www. scam-info-links. info/search.html?cx=partner-pub-5105785360731465%3Aidx923-avig&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=domains&sa=Search#1097

I added spaces so this won't turn into a hot link...

10. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Nope mate, google tos prevents redirects.

I checked into it and asked them and they said it was a big no no. It will work but if you make too much then they will investigate and pull it.

My experience of G is just to play safe, loads of people have said you get banned and it's not going back in 99% of cases.

A lot of people using that script are in my opinion just a matter of time away from getting banned.

11. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Thanks Graeme - it's what I expected really - all too good to be true. Back to the drawing board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.