Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Alerts for new relevant content (eg Google Alerts, Moz Fresh Alerts, etc)

Reaction score
Does anyone use anything that actually does a good job?

For some reason Google Alerts is nowhere near as accurate as running a Google query directly. And Moz Fresh Alerts is pretty damned average too.

It would almost be better if there was a tool that allowed you to schedule Google queries and emailed you the results.

Anyone seen anything like that?

Yes, Take a look at mention .com

Further update to this - the service is bloody brilliant. Not only does it do exactly what I needed it to on a 24 hour monitor basis, you can also get the results to RSS.

Web link: http://visualping.io/
(Doesn't have to be a Chrome plug-in)

Can you give us an insight into applications for this..... what you doing with it?

Using it to run "within the last 24 hour" searches against Google on a scheduled basis. So that I don't have to bother doing them manually.

At the moment that's largely for SEO and outreach opportunities, and to monitor what competitors are up to.

Domainers who don't develop their sites could still use it for monitoring use of EMD phrases for proactive sales outreach I guess?

How are you finding Visual Ping martin ? Ive found it sketchy on some sites. Rightmove being one of them where it keeps reporting changes and highlighting practically the whole page red as "changed" , even when you select a tiny bit of the page for example a square inch around the price it still highlights it as changed every couple of hours.

Other than that its a nice little tool.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom