Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

am I doing something wrong with google keywords?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So last night I thought I had found a pretty good niche, 6,600 local exacts in google keyword tool and I was all set to register the exact match .co.uk domain.

I don't know why but I didn't in the end so I went on this morning at work and searched the exact same key word and it comes up with 260.

So I thought maybe i used phrase or broad last night by accident.

Phrase = 360
Broad = 1,300

none close to 6,600.

Is google lying to me? Did I do something wrong? Am I going mad?

Thanks
Drago

Happens to me often usually the plural/singular issue.

checked that as well doesn't seem to be the issue.

Think I might be going mand- I'll check the settings at home see if there is something I have changed by accident.

D

Try having a look at the advanced options. Are both your home and work computer looking at the UK? Are you logged in to GKT on one search and not on the other? Other than those, it could well be just one of those things, it does throw up the odd result now and again in my experience.

Try having a look at the advanced options. Are both your home and work computer looking at the UK? Are you logged in to GKT on one search and not on the other? Other than those, it could well be just one of those things, it does throw up the odd result now and again in my experience.

just home and checked again, you are right home comp pointing at US for local, I'm a tool! Least I didn't reg a domain on the back of it

Check the domain name with exact's while logged into your google adwords account. This will show trends. You should be able to see a massive heightening July - either that or a lowering last month. If you don't you've mixed up the keywords or google has.

You can download as CSV and this will give you local exacts for the past 11 months in a spreadsheet for figures instead of bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom