Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any fsb updates from anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really cool! Would you like a job? :D

Ha, I doubt I am up to the level of the actual script. But I like to hack things to how I want them and to give more options.

Luckily I already have the system for the other prices, so I just use the product titles as searches.

Well it looks very good, I might have to pick your brains about it soon.. it is something we have wanted to do.

But it is more about execution.. the thing that always stopped me is the shopping cart. If you put links to other places then the customer might get confused and/or abandon a shopping cart full of products.

Would be interested to know if doing this improves your commissions overall.

By the way, I am sure you know, but be careful you don't lose your changes when upgrading.

Well it looks very good, I might have to pick your brains about it soon.. it is something we have wanted to do.

But it is more about execution.. the thing that always stopped me is the shopping cart. If you put links to other places then the customer might get confused and/or abandon a shopping cart full of products.

Would be interested to know if doing this improves your commissions overall.

By the way, I am sure you know, but be careful you don't lose your changes when upgrading.

Ah I know, I won't upgrade unless I need to (Unless it auto updates?)

It would be a nightmare to try and do it to add it to the cart at each of the different places but it is always good as another option. I try to always open in a new tab so they can go back if they need to.

Plus if they see an item for less they might go and buy it from Homebase for example which still means commission :)

Perhaps I am just overthinking the customers behaviour.. offering lower prices to the customer can only be a good thing.

There are automatic template updates, but it requires your confirmation in the admin area.

Ah I know, I won't upgrade unless I need to (Unless it auto updates?)

It would be a nightmare to try and do it to add it to the cart at each of the different places but it is always good as another option. I try to always open in a new tab so they can go back if they need to.

Plus if they see an item for less they might go and buy it from Homebase for example which still means commission :)

Ah I wont do them. I have all the changed files seperate anyway along with sql for the changes to the products table!

I might play about with the style of it, but just stole the default style from related items.

Just need to get it to update bits in the fresh panel for the product (negative keywords, additional keywords, on or off, ebay on or off and number of items) and I will roll a test site out to see how it does :) Will just try a small niche to start with.

Last edited:
Managed to get the control panel side of it done to easily manage the keywords, filter out keywords and disable it per product.

Need to find a site to test it with now, retro consoles isn't the best for brand new products :(

Attachments

• Retro_Console_Store_-_Control_Panel.jpg
    Retro_Console_Store_-_Control_Panel.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 265
If you want to try out Fresh Store Builder we have a special offer on at the moment, and that includes a 30 day refund (no questions asked). Please use the Acorn Domain forum admins link here to help him out and support this forum:

http://jvz6.com/c/113337/159435

The offer gives you unlimited personal stores for $40 (normally $97) or a personal + developer license for $99 (normally $97 + $297).

Has this offer expired? The link doesn't show me those prices.

I'd almost forgotten about my new book store already and had planned on deleting it, until today, when I checked my Amazon account and saw that it had made it's first sale yesterday :)

It doesn't say yet what was sold or what the commission was, I assume it only shows that after dispatch? Hopefully it wasn't some free kindle book lol

Anyway, that single sale has prompted me to have another look at things, and I'm going to add a load more books to the store. There were about 3.3K books on there, now I've started adding the top 100 best sellers from each sub category of the main genre categories, and each sub category of the sub categories and so on.

There are many hundreds of sub categories to add, so I'm hopeful that I can get somewhere near 100K books on the site to give a much wider selection for any visitors, which should hopefully result in more clicks through to Amazon.

This week, I'll will be mostly clicking, Run Autopopulate Again :lol:

Last edited:
Great to hear you made your first sale!

Sorry if this goes against what your doing, but I want to be honest and give you the right advice that I know works.

I always recommend to my members to start a store with 50 products or less. The more products you have, the more duplicate content you have and that makes it less likely you will get good Google rankings without a lot of hard work.

Content is key in the organic traffic area, and with 3.3k products already that means you are fighting a losing battle to get a high unique content ratio.

About that.. say you had 50 products and 10 pages of unique content on your store. That would be a 20% unique content ratio.

If you have 3000 products and 50 pages of unique content on your store.. that makes a 1.67% unique content ratio.

You might have other methods for getting traffic, and if so feel free to ignore my advice, but if your hoping for Google traffic then I strongly recommend looking at having less products in your store to start with.

I'd almost forgotten about my new book store already and had planned on deleting it, until today, when I checked my Amazon account and saw that it had made it's first sale yesterday :)

It doesn't say yet what was sold or what the commission was, I assume it only shows that after dispatch? Hopefully it wasn't some free kindle book lol

Anyway, that single sale has prompted me to have another look at things, and I'm going to add a load more books to the store. There were about 3.3K books on there, now I've started adding the top 100 best sellers from each sub category of the main genre categories, and each sub category of the sub categories and so on.

There are many hundreds of sub categories to add, so I'm hopeful that I can get somewhere near 100K books on the site to give a much wider selection for any visitors, which should hopefully result in more clicks through to Amazon.

This week, I'll be mostly clicking, Run Autopopulate Again :lol:

Also prices have gone up by $10, but they are still discounted. The entire page will be taken down at the end of this week and the price for an unlimited personal license will be $97, and a developer/reseller license will be $297

@ Carey, your probably right but I never do seo of any kind, say the word seo and I just think of spam, that's all it means to me, I blame India for that :lol:. I've never heard of content ratio but I will be adding written content to the site, that's not seo, that's just writing things.

As I said earlier, I can't see the point of a book store with not many books on it, people will just go elsewhere, even if it had dozens of pages of good unique content and was ranking well, what would be the point of ranking if you don't have what the visitor wants?

If it was a niche site where there were only a fairly small number of a particular product listed on Amazon, that would be a different story but, for books, it's pointless when there are about 50 million of them on Amazon.

I'm not bothered about search engines, I'm unlikely to rank for anything much book related anyway, and more so with me not using a domain like booksforsale.whatever, so it'll be harder with a brandable name people don't search for. The sites up, I have some ideas for things to do, stuff will be added, people can come or not, it's just something to try really, I'm concentrating on other sites at the moment but will put a bit of effort in to the book store as well.

@sysreg What I tend to recommend is instead of running an "electronics store", find a good sub niche first.

So it might be "electronic meat thermometers", which means naturally you have less products and much more focus for your content/structure. You can start doing things like editing the product content, editing the product attributes etc.

You can then expand into kitchen appliances and even bigger if you want with a network of stores.

With books, you could specialize in something like "vegetarian cookbooks" or "language learning" or "football history" or whatever it might be.

Then you can create some really cool content around that area, focus on people in social networks who are interested in those things etc.

I wanted to say this because I see so many people who say "my store isn't ranking in Google" or "I am getting no sales" and then when I look they have basically tried to add every single Amazon product :D

Of course it's completely up to you and you have your own methods. I hope you get some good results :)

@ Carey, I agree that a sub niche product site would probably do better but, that's not what I want with this particular store. I want a couple of bigger stores with a lot of products to be going on with, just to see how they go, and also a number of smaller stores with more niche products such as you suggest.

With any money made with my stores, I'll opt to get paid in Amazon vouchers, which will be used to buy books with, I'll read them and write reviews to put on the site, and give the books away in competitions, which I'll tweet about, hopefully that will bring in some new visitors and maybe some more clicks.

With any money made with my stores, I'll opt to get paid in Amazon vouchers, which will be used to buy books with, I'll read them and write reviews to put on the site, and give the books away in competitions, which I'll tweet about, hopefully that will bring in some new visitors and maybe some more clicks.

This is a great strategy, and one of my team members Nihad got some good success doing competitions for his stores. He gave away an Amazon voucher or one of the products he is selling, and it exploded.

You can see an example here and he used a third party to run it, so the entrants do things like share on facebook, twitter, G+ etc. to get more chances of winning:

http://tsumtsumplush.com/tsumtsumplushcom-giveaway-frozen-the-movie-6-set-plush-toy-set/

@ Carey, thanks, I've bookmarked that site as a reference and will join the gleam.io site that they're using to push the competition, they have a good amount of entries even if there are people entering multiple times, it will still be a good amount anyway, cheers.

Carey, You promote creating child themes but you will not tell me or your support will not tell me which template files have changed in version 6 so I am unable to update my stores to version 6.

I have been waiting 4 days now for your support to reply to my helpdesk ticket, I have sent email and skype messages just to be ignored. please could someone tell me which files have been update in the fluid template from 5.1.1 to the new latest version 6

*Then deletes you from skype for asking to get support!

Last edited:
Hi Ryan, please check your support ticket for an update. I don't provide support via my personal Skype anymore as things get lost, so i'm cleaning it up

Hi Carey

Still no update on support ticket like I said, been 4 days and the reply I have had was not useful or even thought about before replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom