Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Any Twitter Gurus here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I built a new Wordpress site on a fresh domain that promotes special offers, I post nothing other than online deals so unless you are shopping it's of little interest.

After 3 weeks I had 800 followers! since then I get about 40 new ones and 40 leavers a week, but it has stopped growing.

Most of the 800 came by me following people I thought might be interested in the subject, Twitter lets you follow 2,000 accounts if you are a basic account.

The website linked to the twitter account is getting no traffic from Google organic searches and didn't even show until I added it to G WMT.

Any suggestions to grow it on Twitter? I guess I may need to Tweet something more than a deal?

I have not tried Twitter before but it's definitely easier to get traffic from there than Google with a fresh domain.

Admin

There should be a Twitter section. Easier to post a tip when you find it than sum up a plan etc

I'm sure the forum and new members would appreciate a Twitter tip section.

Every time I tweet a domain at domainlore it gets 30-40 uniques, although doesn't seem to work in relation to huge bids on my domains at least.

Not a guru but here's some stuff we've found:

- Retweeting relevant 'viral' type stuff helps engagement
- Too many obvious commercial tweets loses followers
- Asking questions builds engagement
- Asking nicely gets retweets
- It's more important to get 100 followers who are genuinely interested than 10,000 who just follow whoever

There should be a Twitter section. Easier to post a tip when you find it than sum up a plan etc

I'm sure the forum and new members would appreciate a Twitter tip section.

Every time I tweet a domain at domainlore it gets 30-40 uniques, although doesn't seem to work in relation to huge bids on my domains at least.

I've re-jigged the Homepage on AD today to make it less scrolling, I may add a twitter sub-forum if there is enough interest. This one wasn't called "Social Media marketing" until 2 mins ago ;-)

Thanks Scott, that's exactly the tool I wanted:

If anyone else wants to try it please use this link to try it for free and we both get 200 extra un-follows every day https://manageflitter.com/join/afjj2oFg

Cool!

Admin

Last edited:
The search tool is brilliant, and lets you build an extremely focussed group of followers.

I started a thread on another forum called Twitter Masterclass. I'm not sure you'd want me to link to that here, so I've PM'd you the link, and you can add it to this thread if you want.

Rgds

Some tips from me:

- Use good images.

- Use good hashtags.

- Use multiple Twitter accounts focused on particular subjects.

- If you are constantly pushing offers on one account, understand you will inevitably lose followers, hence the tip above.

- Do some Tweets that give people value as well, e.g. lists of free resources.

Rgds

Keep an eye on your analytics:

https://analytics.twitter.com/

Rgds

Thanks for all the great info guys, I am learning a lot already. I didn't even know they had a Twitter Analytics feature, doh!

I have attached a Graph to show where I am, like I said nearly 800 followers in first 2 weeks and then it flat-lines.

Using Manage Flitter I removed 500 people I was following last night, 50 were flagged as "fake" accounts and 200 as "inactive" - not Tweeted for many months.

It's really interesting to see who follows you and I do have some good ones, even famous people with 1.5m followers so anything is possible!

This is certainly more fun than trying to get my site up from page 50 on Google.

Thanks again for all the tips!

Admin

My Twitter journey so far: let's see what happens with the help of this thread:

Attachments

• twitter-followers-graph.jpg
    twitter-followers-graph.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
If you have a Twitter account where you are Tweeting offers, then mix it up a bit. You need to do some Tweets that purely add value for people. A classic format is e.g.

22 free resources that help you improve your knowledge of cars.

Then link to a list of free resources you've created on this topic.

Add a photo, preferably a decent one that you've taken yourself, to accompany the Tweet. This is pretty important too, people like a good photo, and it makes them less likely to unfollow after any given Tweet.

People will favourite it, your brand will get recognition. This kind of Tweet is similar to the kind of blog posts that get attention. i.e. give a number, preferably make it free, and convey some value.

Rgds

You can quite easily build tens of thousands of really targeted followers in just a few months.

- You first need to get over 2,000 followers to raise the original limit. I am not saying buy them, but you can quite easily buy real (although highly untargeted) followers to just get you over that original limit.

- You are then free to add up to 1,000 new followers a day without hassle. You can either do this manually all day or build/use software which will naturally do the work for you.

- Follow the followers of great accounts in your niche. You know that they are interested in your niche and probably interested in what you have to offer on your twitter feed.

- Keep repeating this every day. While you are at it start scaling back on the followers you are following. Unfollow those that have not followed you within say 5 days. Do not unfollow those that follow you at the moment.

- If you are posting offers/products throughout the day mix this up with funny images, quotes, "banter" which those in your niche will find funny and share. Not only does this help grow you more naturally but you start to build fans.

- Reply to anyone who genuinely reaches out to you. Answer their questions, RT and Fav them. It makes them feel special and in turn you will find that they go out their way to share your content etc.

- The main thing is that with all this you get to know what makes your audience tick, the type of things and offers they really are interested in, as well as the times of day they are active/buy.

- Gain your followers trust. Show new followers that people are conversing with you and taking advantage of your offers.

Just some food for thought :)

As far as shopping conversions go, Twitter is very low, but I have made some sales direct from Twitter. I guess this is to be expected, because people aren't on Twitter to buy stuff, they are there to be entertained. However, what I want to say is don't be disheartened by low conversions and abandon Twitter because of them. They were just hanging out on Twitter, not shopping via search engines, so expect conversions to be really low when they click.

I Tweet multi-sector offers on @lowpricesuk with high frequency, which isn't a recipe for follower numbers. So, I have also started niche Twitter accounts where I Tweet sector focused offers with less frequency.

Rgds

Does anyone else have any good Twitter tips? I'm writing an article on Twitter marketing today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom