Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Anyone recommend stock photo website?

Reaction score
Im after downloading up to about 50 images a month to use on websites and wonder if anyone can recommend a site with decent choice and is priced reasonably.

I'd rather pay for unlimited than per image as well.

Last edited:
Probably not going to meet your needs, but https://unsplash.com/ is worth a mention. I get an email from them once a week with the best new photos and some of them are sublime. All royalty and attribution free.

I use pixabay.com where pretty much all images are free for commercial use and no attribution required.

Istockphoto, fotolia and shutterstock are all good and I use them all. Just see which one has the best subscription prices for your intended use and see which has the best photos for the type of photos you require. I tend to find shutterstock and fotolia have the most photos for my niche, but I think fotolia worked out cheaper for me.

Pexels.com is quite good.

I use iStock, and I have some listed for sale there, ShutterStock is good too.

I have had good success when buying images going via Flickr and other similar sites, offer the photographer a token payment often gets you usage rights. Very basic contract but often very cheap.

With paychecks I use Fotolia.com (stock.adobe.com). But there are also many sites that offer free quality pictures:
unsplash.com
stocksnap.io
burst.shopify.com
pexels.com
lifeofpix.com
picjumbo.com

I use pixabay.com where pretty much all images are free for commercial use and no attribution required.

I clicked on this thread title just to recommend pixabay!

When I had a linkedin profile I had the founders as connections as I gave them some advice when they attempted to enter the 'revenue sharing' / 'content farm' niche with a website called Wizzley.com (I knew a lot about that area and brought them some users)... due to the climate (Panda then penguin) that site was a complete flop, but they were also building pixabay at the same time, and to say that has been a 'success' is a complete understatement. They are good guys and I'm happy for them, almost Alexa top 500 I think.

There is also pexels.com which is their rival and also a big site.

These sites offer: "Free for commercial use. No attribution required", which will be a welcome change in terminology to all those paid stock photo sites who must get royally fed up with people who perceive "royalty free" to mean "steal this image for free".

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom