Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Apple.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We are looking for idea's on the realistic value of our domain. We have owned the domain since it was first available and are looking at the options. We presently run our Illustration business from the domain and may continue to do this however, we would appreciate any thoughts/feedback regarding possibilities.

This is like the online equivalent of someone walking into a pawn shop with artifacts from the Titanic :)

Sky's the limit with this name!

Apple own most of the other extensions .eu .de .es .fr etc...

Obviously, they would be the most suitable candidate to buy this name.

Have they approached you?

All the best with it.

I'm sure the type in traffic is huge I've been to your site many times. Realistically though the only people who would likely give you a price is apple as anyone else would have to make sure there not doing similar business to apple if they were taking the name on.

IMHO It's completely barmy that Apple Inc. haven't bought this from you...

I'd quite like a pound for each time someone has visited your site rather than Apple's by mistake :)

Sky is the limit in my opinion, and I'm sure Apple would bite your hand off if you contacted them.

Realistically, from an end-user point of view, who else apart from Apple would buy it? I can't personally see anyone else setting up a brand called "Apple".

In which case, it's worth what they'll pay for it...

Realistically, from an end-user point of view, who else apart from Apple would buy it?

I believe greengrocers everywhere salivate over such a name :D

Having said that, if I were Microsoft I'd be in there. Or a big phone company.

I've also been on your domain a few times actually too - like many!

I think I'd be contacting Apple, in person, and look to make a sale of XXX,XXX+! (Small change to them!).

Good Luck. :cool:

Can you share traffic numbers? This will get people talking.

First of all congrats on being in the right place at the right time all those years ago!

I agree with the above in that the domain has huge potential. However, Apple Inc really are the only people for this and do they really need the domain? They know that you couldn't sell to a competitor and they know that other end users probably wouldn't pay high £xx,xxx so maybe they're happy keeping status quo? I'm not saying they wouldn't buy it, but if they are happy with status quo then what they will potentially pay is less than what may be first assumed. I wish you the best with this and hope you achieve over the £xxx,xxx mark if you sell it.

I believe greengrocers everywhere salivate over such a name :D

Having said that, if I were Microsoft I'd be in there. Or a big phone company.

But they'd lose it immediately due to trademark infringement.

Realistically, from an end-user point of view, who else apart from Apple would buy it? I can't personally see anyone else setting up a brand called "Apple".

In which case, it's worth what they'll pay for it...

Agreed. I expect this is going to sit as a stand-off between OP and Apple. Apple know they can't realistically sell to anyone else so personally I'd be surprised if Apple offered huge money for it. Plus they've not needed it so far.

Have they never approached you about it OP?

But they'd lose it immediately due to trademark infringement.

Agreed. I expect this is going to sit as a stand-off between OP and Apple. Apple know they can't realistically sell to anyone else so personally I'd be surprised if Apple offered huge money for it. Plus they've not needed it so far.

Have they never approached you about it OP?
Interesting comments from a first time poster...

Interesting comments from a first time poster...

Ha! I knew someone was going to say something about that. :D

I signed up the other day to ask a member about a domain.

Regards,

Jambo
Not An Apple Employee :p

A quick check at Companies House reveals over 40 UK companies which have the word Apple in their name - and they can't all be competing with Apple Inc.

Plenty of non-infringing end users out there....

A quick check at Companies House reveals over 40 UK companies which have the word Apple in their name - and they can't all be competing with Apple Inc.

Worth maybe £10k to one of these but can't foresee you getting more as the big fish obviously doesn't need it and limits the potential uses of it.

I wouldn't fancy shelling out a lot of money for it and potentially being exposed to having it taken away on some technicality. Apple currently have a European Community trademark application for pretty much every class available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom