Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

are other extension worth anything .uk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
when I do my search sometimes all and every extensions are gone except .uk.com, or .co, .us.com and I wondering whether it's worth having or not

when I do my search sometimes all and every extensions are gone except .uk.com, or .co, .us.com and I wondering whether it's worth having or not

You need to be aware that if you register uk.com and us.com you will buy a sub domain.
& .co is of course colombia

.co is of course a lot more than Colombia. It used to be their ccTLD, but it's gone international. Now you can set geolocation in Google Webmaster Tools just like you can do it for .com, .net, .org, .etc.

Personally, I had some good experience with .co domains. I'm not from UK, but for instance, the leading loans website over here is a .co domain and it's ranked no.1 in Google for 'loans' (translated equivalent) in front of banks website that have our own ccTLD.

And no, I'm not from Colombia :)

Consider that as the internet evolves and exists as we know it then more and more people will enter the media with less knowledge of how it was created and they couldn't give a toss about .com or .co.uk

As the users generally become more savvy then using domains with a suffix like .co is a good marketing ploy.

From an experienced affiliate view good domain names with your keywords are gold but from a business branding perspective I think going down the road of choosing "alternative" domain suffixes will always leave you playing catch up from a marketing perspective.

It's my opinion but then again it's Friday night and I've nothing better to do until I get relieved of my underpaid baby sitting position. :)

You are right of course. From the branding point of view .co is not the best possible choice, but from ranking it's as good as any othe TLD.

But I'm also convinced .co has a bright future ahead of it. Why? Well, it looks like the registrars are doing their best to promote it. If you look for a domain name at Godaddy.com or name.com, the first option they offer in the search results is .com. But surprisingly, they both offer .co as second option, before .net, .org and .info.

The .co is an interesting one... I've said '.co' to a few new webbers and their reply was 'dot co dot what?' Especially here in the UK a lot of people are inclined to think that you might have forgotten the '.uk' part:) just something to be aware of...

bearing in mind the question " are other extensions worth anything"

Yes of course they are, there is evidence of that every week in the sales bulletins. The only reservation is that they are harder to sell than the equivalent term in com net co.uk etc and they don't fetch the same money, particularly the sub domains.

The .co is an interesting one... I've said '.co' to a few new webbers and their reply was 'dot co dot what?' Especially here in the UK a lot of people are inclined to think that you might have forgotten the '.uk' part:) just something to be aware of...

True. But UK market is just one of the many markets. I'm not from UK, so just .co sound quite alright to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom