Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Avoid disputes with a sale contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some advice please. When you sell domains, sometimes for quite small amounts, do most of you provide a legal agreement signed by seller and purchaser to cover the transfer and responsibilities/limit liabilities etc. I have done this in the past, but wonder if I am being too careful and likely to put purchasers off. It seems most transactions between acorn domainers are quick and done online, but I suppose nominet requires signatures etc.

Any tips on what you do, not only couk's but .net and .com etc. How do you accept payment?

Thanks
G M

Nominet is all online now.

I deal near enough 100% based on trust, and if you mess me about or someone I know then we dont deal again. Quite simple :)

When I have sold a domain, I send them an invoice with my full contact details, and give them the payment terms, which is usually something like, payment within between 3 and 10 days, and the transfer will be done after full payment has been received. I usually ask to be paid straight into my UK bank account. Others here like Paypal but I'm not sure whether that can open you to reversals.

If the buyer isn't happy paying me first, I would say they can use an Escrow service as long as they pay the costs.

For reputed Acorn Domainers I am usually prepared to move faster, but most of them pay me pretty quickly anyway.

Rgds

Most members on here will be happy to transfer to another member v quickly and without fuss. When buying, I have received the Nom transfer email before funds have gone across. All based on trust and your reputation.

If you mess someone about on here then trust goes to zero.

When selling to end users I always use a contract with payment upfront, and I don't use PayPal.

I just recently doing simple email invoices for my sales if asked for one, but not all buyers want one. Thank's to Accelerator for his help and advice about invoices.

I am quite happy to transfer domains to members before being paid, I did so twice today, obviously, if I don't know the member, maybe because they are new here and have no previous sales/purchases history, I would require payment first before transferring a domain, but on the whole, people here are extremely trustworthy and I'm happy to deal with them.

Thanks to everyone for your responses .... very helpful. I appreciate the "trust" element between Acorners, which is very reassuring.
Regards
Guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom