Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Barclays Customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm really stuck at the moment, got no money albeit £5, no phone credit for phone banking, can't access my account online because barclays have started using pin sentry and I haven't got the mechanics delivered yet but letting agent is sending me my post this week so hopefully it's in that...

But one question for those with Barclays, did they also send you a new debit card? I got an email from their support and they indicated that they are but never replied again so I'm guessing that's why I can't use my card details to access the site login?

Did they send you a new debit card along with pin sentry?

Cheers
Lee

*If anyone wants to buy domains, I'm selling, need money in the bank and food on the table, happy christmas...

No - just got the pin sentry thingy no new card

Also was the device sent in a cd sized box please? The letting agent has said there's a box that size flying over.

Depends on the card:

If it's got the new visa logo on it, and in the background, top right, there is teh barclays eagle logo, then you should be ok.

I've had my business card replaced, and the missus had a new debit card.

Depends on the card:

If it's got the new visa logo on it, and in the background, top right, there is teh barclays eagle logo, then you should be ok.

I've had my business card replaced, and the missus had a new debit card.

I have a connect card, 2005, with a visa sign top right, blue, white, yellow striped boxing behind with silver eagle? (looks like a dove) below.

Aye, that's the new logo. I was told that was needed on the card for it to work.

Any debit card for any account on your online banking will work, as long as one of them has the upgraded pin.

The reader came in a CD shaped box. About 2cm thick

Right, let's hope the agent sent it by airmail. I have the old logo.

Is the pin just for online, not for cash machine? I've sneakily been trying to get money out as soon as it goes in - money has been going in, I just can't get at it, managed £90 last week but missed £360 (I think) so far as I've been overdrawn but each day it says card reported as stolen, the flipping idiots keep banning my use because I move around a bit, I could kill 'em.

"have you banned my card again?"

"yes"

"aint you noticed I've been living here 8 months?"

"The fraud warning about romania only got put in place last month"

"yes so I just get back from russia and poland and you ban me, again you ********* *********"

I got the new card machine thingy but all its ever done it log me out and casue me to need a new pass code. :(

I got two pin readers and three cards send for the same account. They claim to have only sent one of each - which is rather amusing.

None work though, useless sods!

I got new cards (they are light blue now like Barclays of 20+ years ago). the pin reader was in a cd sized card box, yes. All works OK here.

tip tip

move to abbey business or llyods tsb in the UK, much better for "travelling businesses" ;)

considered an account here in states lee? again no problem with moving or accessing funds worldwide :cool:

if you only have a fiver left pal, we are looking for some LLLL.co.uk or LLL.co.uk at wholesale £, bulk ok, PM us a list if you have any - no q,z,j,x combos unless in CCVV / CCCV / VVVC etc :-D

The letting agent sent post two days ago, it should be here by the middle of next week hopefully. MXM, not many four letters left I don't think but I'll have a look, I have three character hyphens but not that desperate yet. I'll see what I have in LLLL. I think I've temporarillillilly sorted my cashflow problem but will take a few days to come through. Still selling though.

Cheers
Lee

Post has arrived with pinsentry, that's a doddle aint it. They also set up my business account as well. They stopped my card on the 28th I found out yesterday, no wonder I couldnt get any money out last week. All's well now though and now swapping all payments over to business, anyone want a domain so can put some money in it... hohoho

Only three hours on the phone this morning and I've got them to turn off PINsentry, on my accounts.

"Please can I have a PINsentry card"
"No because you have a debit card"
"But it's old and doesn't work with PINsentry. Can I have a new one"
"No the system won't let you, because you already have one."
"BUT it doesn't work"
and so on & on & on.......

Eventually that had to admit that the system was stuffed.

It must just have been me being lucky but it worked spot on for me. It's fantastic, fraudsters could watch me type in my passcode into the computer and still not access my account, can't argue with that.

They had 2 options early on with the new chip and pin system. They could choose a) the current chip and pin or b) a dynamic rotating password system. They chose the cheaper chip and pin system and now like they had been warned has been compromised and bypassed by fraudsters.

Hopefully they will change all the till systems etc onto this new system. Once they get it working for everybody of course.

GW

Ok this is reall cheesing me off now, i cannot log in at all and pay bills online ive had 2 card readers and 2 new passwords in 2 weeks and still no luck.

What a bummer! :mad:

It is annoying that they only send one, and it is required to login / send cash. For travelling this is abit of a pain, and yet another thing to break / get lost / cock up.

Oh the fun of international calls to banks .... yes Barclays, I am still in the place I said I was going to be... idiots.

'Security' should not be total access block, that is like disconnecting a computer from the internet due to having a pop up.

I wont even get into how I had my card skimmed and about a grand and a half spent, however no plod action despite knowing the deliviery address. Why? As the crime is against Barclays, and they dont want to chase it as it gives the impression things are insecure... whoops!

I wont even get into how I had my card skimmed and about a grand and a half spent, however no plod action despite knowing the deliviery address. Why? As the crime is against Barclays, and they dont want to chase it as it gives the impression things are insecure... whoops!

I heard that Domainbrand was seen at the Acorn Domains meet with a card skimmer - but I'm sure that the two are unconnected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom