Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

beginner drop catching questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im a drop catcher newb. ive found two .co.uk domains that expire later this week, both solid domains, you'd probably get low £xxx for them on here. so i expect I wont be the only person wanting them. ive put them on backorder with domainmonster. questions:

1) is domainmonster any good for backorders?

2) what are my chances? can you put a % chance on catching domains?

3) if i backorder them with several dropcatchers would this significantly increase my chances or is it just a slight help?

1) is domainmonster any good for backorders?

They do catch domains, so if a slot was available and you want the domains then it was worth booking.

2) what are my chances? can you put a % chance on catching domains?

You can't put a % chance on it, as it's not possible for you to tell how many people will be attempting to catch the domain. If you've only booked it with DM and it's a relatively 'good' domain, then the chances are quite slim (but there's still a chance nonetheless).

3) if i backorder them with several dropcatchers would this significantly increase my chances or is it just a slight help?

It should significantly increase your chances, but still won't guarantee anything.

Edwin has made various posts before about how many catchers he has used along with the amount of domains which have subsequently ended up caught for him, so it's probably worth having a look through his old posts for further reading.

Good luck. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom