Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Big Timer???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a list of his names under his TAG. It is interesting to see that he regged p-c-c.co.uk type domains too. Anyway, he had a great vision that is sure. I once contacted him for a name and he asked fortune for it.

Ok I sort of know him through another friend so he is contactable :wink:

He does as olbean say director at north end also big sponser for them to and yes new reg.

If i am honest, by looking at his house i wouldnt even ask him for a price unless i had atleast 2/3 million pounds if not 5 million.

I am back at home living with parents i am not in the ghetto anymore - girlfriend kicked me out :)

Well his 'people' havent bothered contacting me as yet, given DB's comments I don't think my partners will be able to stretch that far, Giant Games was bad enough :p

Yeah I estimate his fortune to be over 100 million

Good man, he's obviously well switched on and eats his Readybrek every morning. To be fair he has used his experience with the classified number plate market to spot a new market and invested heavily. The risk might not have come off, who knows how many other people have done things like this only to get their fingers burned.

Fair play to the chap.

Good man, he's obviously well switched on and eats his Readybrek every morning. To be fair he has used his experience with the classified number plate market to spot a new market and invested heavily. The risk might not have come off, who knows how many other people have done things like this only to get their fingers burned.

Fair play to the chap.

Exactly - he was paying 200 pounds a pop for names all those years ago.. even then nothing was certain...

He is getting into strip clubs i hear, buying a couple of places local

You will find alot of the personal plate sellers are also involved in the domain market and also markets like phone numbers.

You will find alot of the personal plate sellers are also involved in the domain market and also markets like phone numbers.

And that observation Mat highlights the clear double standards and hypocrisy of the UK Government when compared to domain sellers. The letter from BERR to Nominet expresses concern and contempt about selling domains for profit, yet they're happy to cream off a premium for themselves through the DVLA site here for a very similar activity.

They'll have Nominet doing it next if they were to apply the same business model!

I wonder how long it will be before Nominet start holding back what they see as premium type domains and charging a DVLA style fee to buy it off them?

Last edited:
I reckon in the future they will hold all premium domains that expire and auction them off. Goodbye dropcatching!

I wonder if that will change paul with the country in ressesion :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom