Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Birthday.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul

Nice looking site, but if I can be honest with you, those constantly moving images make me want to leave after about 10 seconds, might be worth asking other people. I have nothing against a litle bit of movement, say when you load the home page just to draw visitors to something but that's about it.

Apart from that though it looks very professional.

Just my opinion

Good luck with it

I have to say that I really like it. Looks a very profesional job and well put together.

thanks tommy.

I am looking for ideas etc to add to the site. I have a few in mind that will be coming over the coming weeks, but i would be interested if anyone else has some sgood ideas.

laskos

nice site laskos - in the attempt to get a good listing i got carried away but cluttered up the default page with lots of links to encourage the spiders to do there stuff.
Your site looks nice and clean, you got the right colours

ideal site for affiliate sales :D but might need a more selective choice to work well? if i think of stuff i will let you know

This is a very nit picky comment but:

In the eCard categories, the headings all appear to be aligned using non breaking spaces. This leaves some of them appearing as you intended (over the first item in the list), and some of them hovering over the space between the first bullet point and the first item. As you are using your own graphics for the bullets anyway I would:

1 ) use tables instead to have them all aligned perfectly or
2 ) remove the nbsp's and have the headings at the very left.

The main body (between the two side bars) might look better separated from the side bars by using lines or colour. Also, the sidebars could be trimmed a little bit in width to give more space to the main section. By the way, the right sidebar shows up funny on my screen (15.4" laptop, running FireFox on WinXP) The green and orange bars and dotted lines run over into the main background of the page.

I would also look into using graphics for the menu at the top (next to the logo)...your logo is very flashy (and nice!), and the links look incredibly dull next to it.

Just a bit of constructive criticism, other than that the site looks great, although I agree that the animation should stop after 5 seconds. Good luck with it, it's a great domain and the site looks to have great potential!

J.

hi jayl

excellent feedback, just want i need :) thanks for that mate i will look into the problems you have mentioned.

jayl said:
This is a very nit picky comment but:

In the eCard categories, the headings all appear to be aligned using non breaking spaces. This leaves some of them appearing as you intended (over the first item in the list), and some of them hovering over the space between the first bullet point and the first item. As you are using your own graphics for the bullets anyway I would:

1 ) use tables instead to have them all aligned perfectly or
2 ) remove the nbsp's and have the headings at the very left.

The main body (between the two side bars) might look better separated from the side bars by using lines or colour. Also, the sidebars could be trimmed a little bit in width to give more space to the main section. By the way, the right sidebar shows up funny on my screen (15.4" laptop, running FireFox on WinXP) The green and orange bars and dotted lines run over into the main background of the page.

I would also look into using graphics for the menu at the top (next to the logo)...your logo is very flashy (and nice!), and the links look incredibly dull next to it.

Just a bit of constructive criticism, other than that the site looks great, although I agree that the animation should stop after 5 seconds. Good luck with it, it's a great domain and the site looks to have great potential!

J.

Just a couple more:

Go to "top rated" page:

Another Heading
Link One
Link Two
Link Three
Link Four

You need to add links here, I can suggest a few sites if you like :)

There is a "click here" button graphic in the top right hand corner of the homepage, doesn't do anything for me.

SEO wise, you only have 1 meta tag
Code:
<TITLE>birthday.co.uk - </TITLE>
You obviously need to add keywords etc. The Title tag is one of the most important these days, change it to something better then just your URL

Yes, very professional looking site!
Bright and cheerful!
I too would have your flash terminating after a few seconds!
Excellent domain too, laskos! :razz:

.co.uk
--------------

thanks to all who have looked. I have made a few changes as mentioned above so please keep the comments coming.
Im working on it again all day :( so should be worth its while i hope

Oops! Sorry Laskos, I thought Admin created the website!
(I've edited my last post!)

Good Luck today, btw!

.co.uk
------------

Nice domain and nice site Paul

I really like the general design and colours....

- As mentioned before I definitely think that you should terminate the animation after 5 or 10 seconds... And even think about not starting it as soon as the site loads but execute it after 5 - 20 seconds.

The link "Random" in the footer doesn't produce results yet
Also clicking on "quick pick" loads an ecard and completely ruins the layout.
This also produced errors and crashed my explorer window :-|

(this has been mentioned before)... But make sure you always make each title tag different on each page... Try making them dynamic.

For example:
When clicking on "Birthday flowers" ( http://www.birthday.co.uk/results.php?keyword=Birthday Flowers )

Make sure the title tag reads something like "birthday flowers - gift, present ideas for birthdays"

tip: try avoiding repetitive words in title tags if you can. (NB. birthdays is different to birthday in SEO terms).

Change the font on your espotting search results from Times new roman to face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"

Last but not least: put all css and JavaScript into separate files.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Andrew

TrendMedia.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts