Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Bitcoin?

Reaction score
Anyone taking bitcoin or similar as payment for domains and if so, how are you doing it and how are you finding it?

Jimmc

I nearly closed a deal on bomb, but not actually closed any, but been getting a few offers. Mostly when the prices was in the ditch, now they are bouncing back well some are, the offers seem to have ceased.

Can’t see many people wanting to pay for domains using bitcoin, as I think most people see bitcoin as a better investment than domains. From what I’ve seen on here, more people are trying to sell their domains for bitcoin/litecoin/xrp etc which shows that many domain owners feel the same.

I nearly closed a deal on bomb, but not actually closed any, but been getting a few offers. Mostly when the prices was in the ditch, now they are bouncing back well some are, the offers seem to have ceased.

Maybe a stupid question but couldn't find anything obvious with a quick search. What's bomb ? Is that a marketplace?

Maybe a stupid question but couldn't find anything obvious with a quick search. What's bomb ? Is that a marketplace?

I took it as meaning 'bomb' was his domain name, i.e. 'bomb.co.uk' ?

Doesn't it cost about $50 per transaction now...
No, transfer fees were high when the blockchain was backed up to around 200,000 unconfirmed transactions, but that has cleared now, so fees are around $0.20 depending where you send from and how much.

No, transfer fees were high when the blockchain was backed up to around 200,000 unconfirmed transactions, but that has cleared now, so fees are around $0.20 depending where you send from and how much.

That shows what I know :)

I think when the value of coins was dropping, they saw domains having more stable so it was SELL SELL SELL get rid of the damn coins before the pop.

Now its stable and mostly going up in value domains are less appreciative.

The more talk of balloons, tether-fiddles and such may leave some looking to unload coins for domains before the next pop. May also be some like Admin who bought in low, who may see his coins exit into buying some prime names, but who knows.

I'm not convinced there is much correlation between the two. Most resellers don't seem to dabble in crypto (not from an early stage anyway where it translates to relative bargains), and end-users most certainly don't.

Naturally I'd be open to selling some of my premium and LLL domains for crypto, but I can't see that many looking to forfeit crypto at the moment...happy to be proven wrong with a healthy crypto offer though.

Speculation on my part.

What I saw was essentially zero offers, bitcoin/crypto going up up and away, suddenly bitcoin starts to tumble, the others follow and various others start to come in, price starts to go up and offers appear to have stopped.

There has to be some sort of link, but we'll see.

[QUOTE="Naturally I'd be open to selling some of my premium and LLL domains for crypto, but I can't see that many looking to forfeit crypto at the moment...happy to be proven wrong with a healthy crypto offer though.[/QUOTE]

I`ll give you 27,000 Doge for one ;)

What I saw was essentially zero offers, bitcoin/crypto going up up and away, suddenly bitcoin starts to tumble, the others follow and various others start to come in, price starts to go up and offers appear to have stopped.

Was that based on your own experience, or something you saw? Just enquiring because I've not really seen anyone on here offer/negotiate deals on crypto yet (apart from Barry the other day).

I`ll give you 27,000 Doge for one ;)

Sorry, I don't accept shitcoins but will consider others :D

It would be quite an interested experiment though. So for example, I'd consider letting a decent lettered LLL go for 2-3 Litecoin.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom