Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK photocard driving license in 1999

Reaction score
Heya, strange question but any help appreciated. Im trying to find out how much the New Photocard driving license cost when it was introduced in 1998/99. Nobody seems to know including the DVLA. So imagine you had a paper provisional, then you passed your test in 1999, and applied for your full driving license with the new photocard, what was the fee?

Free beer for any accurate answer pls..

Thanks in advance.

thanks Boxer, I've tried our friend ChatGPT and it gives various answers depending on how you phrase the same question. I'm not convinced. I've got £20, £22.50, £23.50 and £38 so far asking the same question.

thanks Diablo, won't be quoting anyone but is the fee in question the "First Licence" fee?

thanks Diablo, won't be quoting anyone but is the fee in question the "First Licence" fee?

I'm no expert, but a first licence would be a provisional one for most people.

When you pass your test, there is no charge for your full licence. You pay for a provisional (first) licence and the test, and when you pass you get upgraded to a full licence at no additional cost. DVLA just send you one.

Presumably that was the case in 1999 too, even with the change to photo licences. So my best guess would be there was no fee for your example.

A driving instructors' forum might provide a definitive answer :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom