Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

bots IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
do bots have set IP address? if they do can you put them in a db to block bots from clicking affiliate links, or is this not advisable.

I believe Google actually requests that you actively monitor your sites traffic and filter out as much as you can. I read a post on the adsense blog about this the other day.

I wrote a script that connects into an API for a database of suspect IP it then disables links or displaying google ads.

do bots have set IP address? if they do can you put them in a db to block bots from clicking affiliate links, or is this not advisable.

Yes if you use an affilaite program like EPN which uses a CPC based program, you should definitely block as many bots as possible as they will deminish the quality of clicks and therefore the value of click.

For a program like Amazon Ass it shouldn't really matter as you're paid on products sold.

Get a current list of bots from Google and add them to your robots.txt file in this format to block single known bots:

User-agent: *
Allow: /
Disallow: /cgi-bin
Disallow: /wp-admin
Disallow: /wp-includes
Disallow: /wp-content
Disallow: /search/*/feed
Disallow: /search/*/*

Or add this to block them all:

# go away
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom