Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

BREAKS.COM - Premium Travel Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've started to market the availability of www.breaks.com and wanted to know what peoples opinions are on the value of this premium travel name. I've had some interesting offers put forward from members both on acorn and a4u, from people wanting buy 50% of the name and develop it out together, trade other premium names, plus solid cash offers...

I originally planned to create a site that simply allowed members of the public to upload there cottages, apartments, cabins, villas etc for a set price each year e.g. £19.95, then have a separate login for travel agents to upload there breaks (charging them monthly). The guys who created HolidayLettings.co.uk which is a similar concept (minus the agents login) sold out last year to tripadvisor, at which point they had 40,000 holiday homes across 116 countries and claimed 25 million annual visitors. In my opinion breaks is a far superior name that has the same potential if not more...

As most of you know I've done absolutely nothing with the name in regards to SEO and Marketing, in fact I've been very complacent and not even uploaded any code to our servers, merely using a cloaked url forward which obviously wont be doing the name any favours in the engines, but hey i'll put my hands up " I've been lazy " and i know it... It's now time to pass BREAKS on to someone else who will do it justice and make it in to the next HOTELS

I would love to hear your thoughts on the value of BREAKS.COM

Appraise away :)

Thanks guys.
Barry

Last edited:
I think as ever, the value of the domain can be dependent on the quality of the marketing operation used to sell the domain. As a point of reference, here's Nokta talking about how they sold a travel name:

http://www.domainsherpa.com/nokta-domains-interview/

Clearly yours is a good name. I have not looked into it but is "breaks" a term used much in the US or do they stick to "vacation"? If it is mainly a British term, then I would question whether now is the right time to attempt selling it, as I'm guessing the travel industry is feeling the pressure a bit.

Rgds

Breaks.com - short.breaks, city.breaks, spa.breaks, winter.breaks, luxury.breaks

Clearly yours is a good name. I have not looked into it but is "breaks" a term used much in the US or do they stick to "vacation"?

The word "BREAKS" is used in the US but predominately it's a term more widely used in europe.

For someone wanting to break in to the travel market its a great name to kick off with... it almost instantly creates that trust factor as it sounds like a company that has been around since the dawn of time, plus you'd expect a large corporate to be the owners of it imo.

It will be interesting to see what type of monetary appraisals people put on this name.

Thanks in advance,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom