Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Buying domains from the official receiver

Reaction score
I've got an agreement with an official receiver to purchase some domain names registered to a liquidated company (UK).

On the assumption that usernames and passwords for the relevant registrars / Nominet aren't available, how do I go about getting transfers of the domains started?

I presume Nominet Support can assist with the .uk but how do you deal with .com names?

John

Thanks and apologies... I should have said that the company is question is being liquidated but as yet hasn't been.

I thought this was regarding .com's, not .uk's which is why I've not shed any light. If the owning company of a .uk domain is in liquidation (or administration), the company representing them can apply to Nominet with documentary evidence to have the domain transferred into their name, or to reset the access details with a new email/password, or request transfer to a new owner.

Reactions: JMI
I've got an agreement with an official receiver to purchase some domain names registered to a liquidated company (UK).

Just wanted to say well done on coming to an agreement

From my experience finding the right people to talk to and then coming to an agreement is impossible, tthey're very hard to deal with.

As Ian said I believe they have to send some documentation to Nominet, best to talk to Nominet first and clarify exactly what needs to be passed on to them

Just wanted to say well done on coming to an agreement

From my experience finding the right people to talk to and then coming to an agreement is impossible, tthey're very hard to deal with.

As Ian said I believe they have to send some documentation to Nominet, best to talk to Nominet first and clarify exactly what needs to be passed on to them

It's taken so long!

Do you mind sharing which receiver ?

My experience is, it would be easier to flap my arms and fly :/ be nice to know which company there is a possibility of getting a deal done with.

Do you mind sharing which receiver ?

My experience is, it would be easier to flap my arms and fly :/ be nice to know which company there is a possibility of getting a deal done with.

It's with the Insolvency Service in London. Has been going on for months now and my expectations of a successful outcome are low.

I've tried to contact accountancy companies handling an insolvency a handful of times and I've got nowhere fast.

I've tried to contact accountancy companies handling an insolvency a handful of times and I've got nowhere fast.

Is half the problem the fact that they have nothing tangible, or easy to access?

When a company goes under, they can lock all the bank accounts, secure the stock in the warehouse, close the offices down and all, but do the receivers / liquidators have the knowledge / power to seize the domains as well?

but do the receivers / liquidators have the knowledge / power to seize the domains as well?

From my experience with asking, they never seem to know about them

I would guess that a lot of domains that should go to them get whisked away by company directors and it isn't noticed.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom