Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Changing Tag to 123-reg is so much trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you suggest 123-reg fixes this problem? I can think of only two ways:

If I am understanding this correctly the original poster booked a domain name with a dropcatcher and the catcher caught him the domain name the day it dropped. The name was previously registered to someone else who had it managed on a tag belonging to 123-Reg. The new registrant had the catcher retag the domain name to 123-Reg. 123-Reg hadn't removed the domain name from the previous registrants 123-Reg customer account so still believe that customer is the registrant. The new customer cannot "import" the domain name into their 123-Reg account as a result. Right or wrong?

1. Have a script that deletes a domain from the database when the domain is set to 'cancel' and reaches 99 days past the renewal date.

Nominet notify tag holders when domain names on their tags are subject to: a Registrant change, a tag change and a cancellation. Does 123-Reg not parse these emails, automatically sent by Nominet? The EPP poll command should also provide this information to the registrar.

2. Use the List command and set date to 'all' and then delete domains not on the list but in the 123-reg database - however the lists are very large (over a million) and would take a long time.

How involved is running a LIST "month:all" command on 123-Reg's domain names? If it's possible, doesn't take too long and you've coded something to make sense of the results you could run this once a day and diff each days results with the prior days to find out what had been added and deleted.

you would have thought with their resources it is already in place...

that reminds me still haven't scan the bill to them.

such troublesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom