Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Chris Holland/CHC/Dropcatcher domains held from dropping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont say lee, youll give all our secrets away to these so called domainers ha

Chaps

As Grant said he probably hasn't paid the renewal invoice(s),

I quote from the email reminders TAG holders receive

Please may we remind you that, when an invoice for domain name renewal remains unpaid beyond its credit terms, we notify the registrants concerned by email and advise them to contact you because the renewal process has not been completed.
We will wind back expiry date shown on the WHOIS data to the previous expiry date, and we will not issue a credit note to you.

The 'winding back bit' is what is happening on names probably already somewhat past their renewal date when the renewal was issued. This then fast forwards them into a drop list or past their supposed drop date & suspends them for good measure.

Hope that explains to those non-Nom TAG holders what is going on and also why some drop lists have names from smaller registrars that never drop, either the big boys (1&1 etc.) pay on time or have special arrangements with Nom.

Cheers

JohnP

Last edited:
...The 'winding back bit' is what is happening on names probably already somewhat past their renewal date when the renewal was issued. This then fast forwards them into a drop list or past their supposed drop date & suspends them for good measure.

Hope that explains to those non-Nom TAG holders what is going on...

Sorry johnp, the winding back might be an option, granted. However, that isn't what has happened here, and you don't need to be a tag holder to pickup on date changes. I'm fairly certain these haven't been wound back.

Doubletap

If you PM me with an email address I'll send you some data that shows the renewal request for 'accepting.co.uk' going though with a renew date of the 11/06/2012 showing.

This was data was accurate on the 07/08/2010.

I am sure the others are the same.

JohnP

Doubletap

If you PM me with an email address I'll send you some data that shows the renewal request for 'accepting.co.uk' going though with a renew date of the 11/06/2012 showing.

This was data was accurate on the 07/08/2010.

I am sure the others are the same.

JohnP

NP with the data, happy to stand corrected in that case. It still seems to me most annoying that Nominet have this in place, in effect giving tag holders and opportunity to extend registrations way beyond the required drop date. Based on what you're saying, I wonder if that's the same for...
gambits .co.uk
inmates .co.uk
...as they're still showing 2012 dates?

Doubletap

gambits & inmates have been suspended for yonks, only nom can tell you why or if they'll ever drop.

JohnP

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom