Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Contract of sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm planning to be 'roaming' in one or two EU countries over this winter and being mobile is going to present one or two issues when it comes to getting domain name sales contracts out to buyers from them to sign and date and return to me before i transfer registrations. I won't be carrying a printer/ scanner/ copier/ fax machine in my suitcase.

I use a standard domain name sales contract template created in Word. It is editable to insert the particular buyer's name, address, company number, the domain name et.c., but then i need to sign my signature before sending the document to the buyer as an email attachment (or accessible in some other way - Google Drive sharing et.c.) for them to complete and return.

I'd like to be able to do the whole thing just from a smartphone or a tablet. I'm just not sure how. Does anyone here already have the nuts and bolts process worked out with hardware, software, and apps to make this possible?

I use an Android phone at present. I also have a Windows laptop, but i don't want to take it with me (too bulky, slow, old). I have Word for Android app loaded, but the the template is not editable from the phone, and i also can't sign the contract without first printing out the last page and then scanning it back in. I'm a bit stuck about how to do this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, on the right combination of hardware, software, and apps, or an online service, to make this process work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can't you use office or Adobe which have editable apps and insert your signature as an image? You could just copy and paste the template?

Thanks Caz.

I'm really not sure what might work. I'm willing to invest in new hardware and software/ apps, but it would be nice to know that any particular combination will work before i spend the money.

Thanks Dave.

It's got potential, but in this age of the freemium software model paying for the basic service seems a bit unusual. Ideally i'd like to find a solution with free platforms and apps. I'd rather spend the money on new hardware if at all possible.

Do you need the contract or is it just for security? If the latter you could just use Escrow.com

Thanks admin.

I am using a broker, but its online Purchase and Sales Agreement document seems a little lacking in detail.

It's just feels a little bit better to have the security of a contract in English law, and with the buyer's signature on it. If a broker is overseeing the transaction from another jurisdiction (California, Germany,...) things could become more complicated if something were not to go smoothly. It's a belt and braces approach.

Check out www.signable.co.uk, upload your template with placeholders, fill in the blanks and get the customer to sign it online.

Not free but they have a PAYG plan.

Check out www.signable.co.uk, upload your template with placeholders, fill in the blanks and get the customer to sign it online.

Not free but they have a PAYG plan.

I've now done my homework on this option and i think it is the answer i've been looking for. Thanks very much for the pointer.

Having blitzed the problem for the last 48 hours i think i can manage the process end to end, from editing the Word template contract of purchase and sale to getting the buyer's electronic signature on the doc, entirely from my smartphone using signable.co.uk, which is such convenience for me. I don't even need a laptop. It took a while fiddling with different apps and icloud services to get it to work, but i think i'm now there. No more scanning and attaching.

Wunderbar!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom