Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Corona please read very important

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from tesco, still no toilet paper but at least the're limiting 1 pack of kitchen roll to each customer now

Probably a few days too late but should help shelves refill fingers crossed

Bread aisle was completely empty; bread isn't even a good thing to hoard is it lol for the amount room it takes up

@Nigel - If they close the school who looks after the children for parents, workers, police officers, prison officers, nhs workers, doctors and the list goes on...

This is why they have had no option but to keep the schools open as long as possble, from what ive been told the closure is coming at Easter, they are trying to hang on until Easter then have a prolonged closure.

Before panicking, why not learn something about what this supposed threat is ?

And consider this. What better cover for a pre-determined financial crash than what we're seeing now? No one would blame the banks for this one now will they?

Cui bono?

Question everything.

This new Coronavirus is more virulent than most viruses. The haste at which the bodies are suddenly piling up in Italy goes against theories about this being sensationalised. The only reason that there aren't more deaths from this already is that this specific virus is new to the population. If it was allowed to spread throughout society without efforts to slow it, a high number of people would die in comparison to what typically happens with the flu. This is much worse than the flu for some demographics and it pays for people to realise that.

I just got back from tesco, still no toilet paper but at least the're limiting 1 pack of kitchen roll to each customer now

Probably a few days too late but should help shelves refill fingers crossed

Bread aisle was completely empty; bread isn't even a good thing to hoard is it lol for the amount room it takes up

You need to get check out Homebase. Went in there tonight for a washing line and there it was in front of me - loo paper :) :) - just delivered and hardly a soul in the store. 1 per person but an 18 roll pack for £4. Not sure it's a regular stock item so might not be in every store.

This new Coronavirus is more virulent than most viruses. The haste at which the bodies are suddenly piling up in Italy goes against theories about this being sensationalised. The only reason that there aren't more deaths from this already is that this specific virus is new to the population. If it was allowed to spread throughout society without efforts to slow it, a high number of people would die in comparison to what typically happens with the flu. This is much worse than the flu for some demographics and it pays for people to realise that.

Much worse than flu...can you quantify that?

There are on average 480000 deaths a year annually attributed to flu. That is, flu killed them.

What we are seeing with CV is some people dying who have existing health problems (usually respiratory), who also test positive for CV. Last year and the year before, many people died of various illnesses, who will also have tested positive for CV. And the year before that, etc. Is covid-19 worse? They say it is but no-one seems to be able to quantify it or explain why. The NHS advise according to their website shows that symptoms are pretty mild relative to flu - they say you don't even need to get tested, and you're good to go within 7 days of showing symptoms. Anyone who has had flu proper knows it takes weeks to get back to feeling normal.

Then you have to look at the way the number of deaths are being calculated and reported. The deaths (in Italy) and elsewhere...it appears that anyone who dies, who has tested positive for CV, their death is being attributed to that, rather than their pre-existing condition (notice how it's reported..."another person has died linked to CV. If someone has a fatal heart attack, after testing positive for CV, they're going down as a CV death.

What we are seeing is the way being paved for many draconian new laws and possible cover for a bank led financial meltdown. People readily trade freedoms for protection - whether there is a real threat or just the perception of one (to paraphrase Henry Kissinger).

"Much worse than flu...can you quantify that?"

I'm pretty sure Covid19 is more contagious than the flu.

That is, flu killed them.
As I understand it: the flu or covid-19 are not lethal themselves – it's another underlying condition or complications from the virus

"Much worse than flu...can you quantify that?"

I'm pretty sure Covid19 is more contagious than the flu.

Strangely enough I think there is doubt about that. It only bounces through the population faster because nobody had any immunity to it at the moment. In the coming years, it won't be able to propagate as fast.

On a different note. I think all Chinese goods need to pay 1% tax to try and pay for all this nonsense. They really need to have a clean up. This is the fourth or fifth virus to come out of there in the last 50 years. Those food markets are still operating the same as before, we are just waiting for this to happen all over again in a few years with a different virus.

You can always bet your bottom dollar some idiot was going to try to capitalise on the term Covid-19 when the world is in crisis.

Code:
Domain Name: COVID19.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2491193568_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dynadot.com
Registrar URL: http://www.dynadot.com
Updated Date: 2020-03-17T11:18:36.0Z
Creation Date: 2020-02-11T15:10:07.0Z

Finland has just closed their border
Now no one can cross the Finnish line

Make sure those over 70 year old self isolate......kick them hard.

You can always bet your bottom dollar some idiot was going to try to capitalise on the term Covid-19 when the world is in crisis.

Code:
Domain Name: COVID19.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2491193568_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dynadot.com
Registrar URL: http://www.dynadot.com
Updated Date: 2020-03-17T11:18:36.0Z
Creation Date: 2020-02-11T15:10:07.0Z

why were you looking....just morbid curiosity? ;)

FYI if you're having trouble finding stuff in the supermarkets, try smaller local ones if you've got them.

Even on days where people were reporting that Tesco Extra, Sainsburys, Waitrose etc. were being wiped out of food, the local Tesco Express and Sainsburys Local still had reasonable amounts of stuff. (No toilet paper or hand sanitiser, but pretty much everything else.)

I think maybe it's because people go by car planning a big shop - and never think to walk down the road...

Though unconfirmed, some of the larger companies in London are being told that compulsory lock-down begins tonight. I don't know how accurate this is, and whether it applies just to London, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Be safe everyone.

Though unconfirmed, some of the larger companies in London are being told that compulsory lock-down begins tonight. I don't know how accurate this is, and whether it applies just to London, but it wouldn't surprise me..

The tube must be terrible for spreading things

@Nigel - If they close the school who looks after the children for parents, workers, police officers, prison officers, nhs workers, doctors and the list goes on...

This is why they have had no option but to keep the schools open as long as possble, from what ive been told the closure is coming at Easter, they are trying to hang on until Easter then have a prolonged closure.

Schools will be closing from the end of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom