Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Directories worth submitting to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In my time I've submitted 1000s of links to general directories. Most of them seem to disappear into the ether! Nowdays some people think directories are a waste of time. My view is that they have some worth. So here we have a list of directories, (mostly free some requiring a reciprocal) that actually show up in my backlink profile (I used domain-pop.com) for various of my sites. These are all general directories and I have no connection with any of them other than a link on their site.

bizseo.com
digibritain.co.uk
regionalreview.eu
abc-directory.com - nofollow
wondex.com - no follow
oddssylinkdirectory.com
addurlwebdirectories.com -nofollow
acedirectory.org
sublimedir.net
humaneditedwebdirectory.com
bl3.co.uk
londovor.com
londinium.com
diroo.org (may be paid now)
betadirectory.com
freeukdirectory.co.uk (edit-(may not be adding new lictings)
flesko.co.uk
020.co.uk
toplocallistings.co.uk
vendora.com
easytorecall.com
slackalice.com
ahahb.com
primodirectory.com
passion-4.net
britinfo.net
atlantisweb.net
frootful.net
runfatcat.com
onemilliondirectory.com

If anyone has any to add to the list - make sure that they actually show up in your profile - that would be great

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for those.

When I have some time I'll definitely use some of them :)

Cheers for these, I've given a few of them a try just now.

Technorati is well respected so if you have a blog you can submit it there. Based on various factors it can appear in a number of direct directories within the site. Don't forget other strategies such as creating mini sites themed around your main site and local directories, occasional blog comments etc.

Last edited:
You can try Sail.co.uk if you're in the watersports or marine arena. I'm incredibly picky though and every single link is hand checked... (Requires a third party reciprocal).

Most directories nowadays are considered as low value, here are a few more that are worth getting listed in:

brownbook.net
turnpike.net/directory.phtml
pegasusdirectory.com
cylex-uk.co.uk

Most directories nowadays are considered as low value, here are a few more that are worth getting listed in:

brownbook.net
turnpike.net/directory.phtml
pegasusdirectory.com
cylex-uk.co.uk

Thanks dolom8 - finding new directories that are worthwhile is tricky. There's only so many niche directories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom