Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Directory website ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Please can someone give me advice/help with regard to a directory type of website.
I would like something similar to this UK Wedding Directory | Directory of wedding suppliers / services

Ideally a partly automated site where companies/websites can link their site to mine by reciprical link for free.. and where i can included sponsored links/advertising at the top of the list.

I have a few domains which would be suited to this type of arrangement, but not sure how to go about it. Are there any type of scripts out there for this (free or paid)? Is there a specific name for this type of directory?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have a very basic knowledge of html and an odd wordpress site or two...just so you know my learning curve is very low...:D

you can find some inspiration from this website. Just check this out:
templatesweb.com/blog/2008/08/04/free-web-directory-website-template

Decided to have a go with the phplinkdirectory.

Tried the free version for a day or two and bought one script for $30 - seems quite easy to use and got a free template on.

Check out first attempt - Pink Limo Directory in sig at bottom.

Will see how it goes...no doubt it will take time to get links, but all websites seem to take time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts