Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Disgraceful waste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's outrageous. They should move their procurement to ebay (definitely wouldn't trust the government to build a B2B platform).

This type of waste is rife in large organisations like this.
They sign contracts with maintenance companies, they are then obliged to have all maintenance worked carried out by that company, who then proceed to rip them off.

This happens in the BBC also, these companies charge extortionate amounts to hang pictures, put tv's on walls and change light bulbs, it's bureaucratic bullsh*t.

I've seen just how much large companies pay electricians for their work, some jobs are worth the money but others are ridiculoulsy overpriced :eek:

Nice to see the MOD paying all that money for bulbs (not) I am sure the government are paying companies to install low energy bulbs so it shouldn't cost the MOD anything although it would still be the tax payer paying.

Completely off-topic, but I see the BBC have started linking to stuff properly. Added user comments to the news as well (big fail that part IMO).

This type of waste is rife in large organisations like this.
They sign contracts with maintenance companies, they are then obliged to have all maintenance worked carried out by that company, who then proceed to rip them off.

This happens in the BBC also, these companies charge extortionate amounts to hang pictures, put tv's on walls and change light bulbs, it's bureaucratic bullsh*t.

This kind of thing has just got to stop - no-one would do it if the money came out of their bank account.

£22 seems the correct answer. Joe Public doesn't always appreciate that the MOD need to procure quality components from a reducing number of suppliers who are not geared solely as mass produced box shifters, but who make highly reliable components. The Sun thinks everything should be priced like bananas!

I worked for central Government from 1998 - 2004, and you wouldn't believe the price they had to pay for stationary.

It was a company called Niceday, and they would charge £12 for 50 ball point pens that sold for £0.20p each in WH Smith at the time, and the amount we would buy should have meant a big discount. It had been suggested they put those pens attached to desks into place, saving them thousands, but Unions fought against it as a health & safety issue!

The problem is they get tied into contracts for several years, so they bulk items they buy are cheap, but other items are much more expensive than high street stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom