Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Disputing Sedo auction on their performance failure - a cautionary tale ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sedo customer service can be annoyingly slow. The problem is there is nobody doing what Sedo do particularly well so there is limited opportunity to switch. I don't see why they can't respond to customer support requests on a timely basis seeing as there is so much easy money to be made.

Sedo could argue though that the OP is being opportunistic by asking for waived fees and free promotion of other domains. After all, it's in Sedo's interests for auctions to bid the price of a domain up because they get a higher fee. I doubt that not responding to a buyer's query affects the outcome of a domain auction. What has a potential buyer got to ask about that might prevent them bidding? Ultimately, if you send a domain to auction, you are accepting that price or better.

I doubt that not responding to a buyer's query affects the outcome of a domain auction. What has a potential buyer got to ask about that might prevent them bidding?

Is that a serious point or are you being ironic?

If not responding to a buyer's question leads to them not bidding, it can have a HUGE impact on the final auction price.

When a domain is at auction what kind of questions do buyers ask that might prevent them bidding if they don't get a response?

If I need to ask a question before bidding, like for example, I was going to bid on an LLL in the last great domains, and they happened to be the name of a popular honda, so my first question would be "Is there any history of DRS or Legal Problems, emails of any type ?", if this isn't answered, I aint touching it.

When a domain is at auction what kind of questions do buyers ask that might prevent them bidding if they don't get a response?

The same questions you would ask of any domain purchase when parting with a large sum of money. The auction scenario should not prevent due diligence.

If I didn't get a response to a question I wouldn't bid. I would be a mug if I did and then it came back to haunt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom