Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DL Sale: e-cig.co.uk (4,201 GBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn Newsbot

Reaction score
Domain Name Sold at Domain Lore:
Sold price: £4201, Ended on: 2011-09-09 14:51:38

click for details...

Whois shows that it is owned by the owner of domainlore... something fishy going on there I think.

Utterfly is Denys' Auction name, he has sold quite a few names in the x,xxx range.

Last I remember he agree'd not to participate in DomCatch auctions but normal auctions he can bid on, and he also sells on there himself.

You'd need to be mad to bid on a domain owned by the owner of the auction platform... he can see everyones max bids and adjust accordingly :p

I'm not sure how a site owner could influence an auction outcome without 'creating' a bidder. I am 99% sure if you suspected this, given Denys recent stance on Shill Bidding with a domain of significant value he wouldn't be opposed to revealing who your rival was, just to ease your own mind, if you was the buyer :)

I'm still hopefully that he adds some sort of profile page, so you can click on it and see more about the opposition, hard to play strategically against a shadow :)

You'd need to be mad to bid on a domain owned by the owner of the auction platform... he can see everyones max bids and adjust accordingly :p

Sedo regularly auctions off their domains on their auction platform... something like once per month.

I get the impression denys is very straight-laced and honest. Most would agree I think
If he wants to sell his own domains on his own site who can anyone tell him not to
whats he meant to do? sell them on a competitiors site?

all i was saying was the domain sucks lol

this is a terrible domain..... and not worth £1,000 let alone over £4,000.

I didn't bid for this because i have most of the best domains in the industry and i saw this was at £2k at the time, and was no way worth that amount.

Good luck winner!!!

this is a terrible domain..... and not worth £1,000 let alone over £4,000.

I didn't bid for this because i have most of the best domains in the industry and i saw this was at £2k at the time, and was no way worth that amount.

Good luck winner!!!

A terrible domain ? didn't you buy the .org.uk of this for £300 a few weeks back ?

:rolleyes:

A terrible domain ? didn't you buy the .org.uk of this for £300 a few weeks back ?

:rolleyes:

And the magic word from your reply is "£300" not over £4k. Its worth £300 just to take the domain and have it sit there in case the phrase "e cig" gets any bigger in the future.

i paid £300...... I rest my case. no way is the .co.uk worth over £4k.

And the magic word from your reply is "£300" not over £4k. Its worth £300 just to take the domain and have it sit there in case the phrase "e cig" gets any bigger in the future.

i paid £300...... I rest my case. no way is the .co.uk worth over £4k.

You can't have it both ways... either the .org.uk at £300 and the .co.uk at £4k are both terrible buys, or none of them are. So which are you going with ;)

You can't have it both ways... either the .org.uk at £300 and the .co.uk at £4k are both terrible buys, or none of them are. So which are you going with ;)

Finally someone else who can see what I am saying ;)

I'm with you - your logic is sound.

Probably one of those nasty "Should I - Shouldn't I" moments. That stay in your mind longer than you wish they would and where you really have to convince yourself to take a position -

I think it was bought by e-cig.com to hit the UK market, but when the whois changes we'll see.

I think it was bought by e-cig.com to hit the UK market, but when the whois changes we'll see.

You would think if that was the case they would hand reg E-Liq.co.uk / ELiq.co.uk, but who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom