Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DNS Guru Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone here has the knowledge to help me out!

I'm trying to follow best practice for sending emails to customers from a website.

I have the site, hosted on www.domain.co.uk, on it's own IP address. The IP reverse maps to domain.co.uk. I have an SPF record on www.domain.co.uk that shows both gmail servers and the IP Address.

Some of the emails are being flagged by gmail as spam. When I run an SPF test it comes back with no dns record for domain.co.uk.

Should I set the reverse map on the IP Address to www.domain.co.uk, rather than domain.co.uk? I assumed it should not have the www. as emails go from [email protected], but that may be rather simplistic.

Alternatively, how do I ensure dns records for domain.co.uk, not just www.domain.co.uk (on 1&1!). I assume, again perhaps incorrectly, it is looking for an A record.

Thanks..

SPF records are TXT records that start with 'v=spf1' and then the data for the actual record.

Mine for starworks.co.uk is:

v=spf1 include:eek:utlook.com ip4:85.13.223.134 ~all

as I use Office 365.

go to http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php, set the type to txt and enter the domain in the domain box.

If you don't see a record like the above, then you don't have the spf record configured correctly.

BeachLife;530997I have an SPF record on [url said:
www.domain.co.uk[/url] that shows both gmail servers and the IP Address.

Some of the emails are being flagged by gmail as spam. When I run an SPF test it comes back with no dns record for domain.co.uk.

Are you sending email from domain.com or www.domain.com? Your SPF needs to be on the (sub)domain you are sending email from

SPF records are TXT records that start with 'v=spf1' and then the data for the actual record.

Mine for starworks.co.uk is:

v=spf1 include:eek:utlook.com ip4:85.13.223.134 ~all

as I use Office 365.

go to http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php, set the type to txt and enter the domain in the domain box.

If you don't see a record like the above, then you don't have the spf record configured correctly.

Thanks, my spf is of the same format.

Are you sending email from domain.com or www.domain.com? Your SPF needs to be on the (sub)domain you are sending email from

I think this is where my confusion lies. The email address is [email protected]. I'm using 1and1 and don't actually know where they apply the records. As it is 1and1 I'm having to wait a while to find out..

I think your email header is creating a issue or gmail blacklisted your domain name.

Try to remove some code from your email header. same thing happened with me but I inform my customers to whitelist my email.

Sometimes I was able to get email when I remove few codes from header and change SPF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom