Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Do you bother with newsletters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On most of the mini sites I've made thus far I've put a newsletter sign up, but they don't seem to get much action. In my case this is largely because the sites don't get much action full stop, I loose interest soon after finishing them (must start keeping with them). But can someone who has stuck with their minisites and sees good visitor numbers tell me if their really worth the effort?

Personally I don't sign up for newsletters, how many people do? And do any of you monetise your newsletters and if so is the revenue any good?

For my own personal sites I don't bother. However, i should do.

The company i work for has a massive mailing list. Really is THE best way to reach out to people who you KNOW FOR SURE want to hear about what you have to offer in that particular subject.

Placed a newsletter sign up box on a few websites which get traffic and it's surprising how many people actually put their email address in. Even if you have no plans to use emails immediately, it could be worthwhile building up a list for when you do want to.

I haven't sent any yet personally, however really should start looking into it.

Personally I don't sign up for newsletters, how many people do? And do any of you monetise your newsletters and if so is the revenue any good?

Improving my e-mail newsletter activity is something I have been meaning to do. Doing it properly really does pay dividends. If you have a low traffic minisite you have to ask whether it's worth it for that particular site though. Difficult to get right, but get it right and you will reap the rewards.

Rgds

Hmm interesting replies, cheers. Clearly a pattern emerging..

I guess then, to speed up launch time on a minisite (which may or may not even take off) it's best to leave it and go without, but then get one on there as soon as possible after the site proves itself to get traffic.

Obviously if your site affiliates or drop ships, and you have a product to sell in some form then there's a clear monetary value to having a mailing list. But minisites that use adsense as a revenue stream for example, how would you gain value from a mailing list there, except to remind people to come back to your site to read the latest article or whatever and hope they click your ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom