Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dodgy link in email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone who may have received an email supposedly from me, if you received it, don't click on any links that were in the email, I'm sure you don't anyway, I've PM'd some of those who it was sent to in the recipients list.

I was just checking my emails when I saw an email in my spam folder received from one of my old email addresses, which was:

reg free donations AT yahoo - co - uk

The email appears to have been sent from me as "Kev", I checked the IP address of the sender in the header of the email and it was sent from:

IP 78.185.64.199 - Turk Telekom - Istanbul - Turkey

I've logged in to the email account that it came from, I've deleted all emails in the entire account, changed the password and then deactivated the account (now pending deletion).

For whatever reason, yahoo mail seems to be a favourite for things like this to happen. Probably time I deleted my old account there too!

Yeah, I get this type of email regularly from Yahoo accounts mostly, normally I would just delete anything in the spam folder, but saw it was from my name so had a look.

If anyone wants to permanently delete their old unused Yahoo accounts, you can do so via this Yahoo account termination page, see here for the link to login and do so:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN2044

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom