Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain building experience log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate on this?

I've recently began using 301 php redirects. Is this what you mean?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I think it's relevant for the us both.

Yeah, just wondering the same thing :)

Php, htaccess or meta refresh?

Update: 2nd page of google now. Been experimenting on another site with thesis theme, if that goes well ill implement on food hygiene courses.

Nice thread Ashton - keep us updated.

On the affiliate link hiding. You need to make the links difficult for google to identify. If they can see obvious affiliate links then according to some people you may get lower SERPS.

Most common ways to hide links are by either using a database or creating the links on the fly in Javascript or something. Check out the many threads on A4U about this.

WR

I have had really good success with the thesis skin on another site (5th now on google after being 3rd page)

I will be rolling that out on foodhygienecourses.org.uk and using htaccess to redirect people to the affiliate link (using robots.txt to dissalow the redirect page)

Do you mind sharing what the other site is?

This is a really nice thread, i think more people should do a running progress of finding a domain name to the point of getting it to number 1 or selling it on, might give us (well at least me) a better view of how its really ment to be done.

Ok, food hygiene courses got de-indexed, no idea why!

Working on piercings.org.uk :) take a look!

de-indexed? ouch. worrying as to why? I'va got a few sites redirecting affiliates via 301's and they rank ok. Assume it's something else? what linking have you done?

Its not a biggy, I was going to redesign it anyway, just means ill have to request re-inclusion.

Its still indexed, just its no-where on the serps when it was on the 2nd page.

:) Fun fun.

Its not a biggy, I was going to redesign it anyway, just means ill have to request re-inclusion.

Its still indexed, just its no-where on the serps when it was on the 2nd page.
If its indexed, no need to ask for re-inclusion, just put some ORIGINAL content on the site and actually do something regarding advice previously given.
FFS.

If its indexed, no need to ask for re-inclusion, just put some ORIGINAL content on the site and actually do something regarding advice previously given.
FFS.

Will all be done on the new site, I have taken your advice into account, as with other peoples. Honestly, I appreciate it. I am just focusing on some other things before I re-do the site.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the site has earned £30 already :)

indexing is coming on well. is ranked 8th for uk and 9th for normal google search for food hygiene courses. good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom