Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain expiring - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What would you do with a domain name which expires in a few months, which you dont really want and having trouble selling, but has quite a few hits/traffic?

Would you renew just for the sake of traffic or let it lapse and call it a day? Id be gutted to find someone else picks it up after Iv let it lapse for the traffic point of view.

Thanks for your opinions...

What would you do with a domain name which expires in a few months, which you dont really want and having trouble selling, but has quite a few hits/traffic?

Would you renew just for the sake of traffic or let it lapse and call it a day? Id be gutted to find someone else picks it up after Iv let it lapse for the traffic point of view.

Thanks for your opinions...

Well if you think it has some valuable traffic you could either park it at Sedo/Namedrive/Streamic or you could try to sell it on for the residual traffic. I would certainly be interested in buying it if it gets more than a few views per day. PM details if you wish.

Thanks
Stephen.

Many thanks for everyone's replies.

Iv still got 2 months togo so Ill see what happens. It still would be a kick in the teeth if someone else registers it after I leave it lapse. But cant have it all.

Many thanks

park it, or better still minisite it,
it might pay for its self.

You have spelled out the very test I use when in the same situation.

Would you feel pi**ed off if you let it go, and it got promptly snapped up?

If the answer is yes, keep it.

Obviously you can't be sentimental about all domains, but I am with any domain that has at least moderate traffic irrespective of its saleability.

Hi and many thanks for the replies.

If I renew, thats 2x.com (£10ish each) and 3x.co.uk(£6ish each) - Admin - where do you get your domains renewed from for so cheap?

2x.com (£10ish each)

That's expensive... we pay about £4-5 each.

I can set you up an enom reseller account if you want (think it's $8.95 per domain year) - but you do have to put a minimum $100 credit into you account. PM me your email if you want one.

I have domains with decent traffic but sod all income from being parked. The keywords for them have no google ads so no revenue opportunity. nothing with affiliates either. People will see ov when they're due to expire but i'll probably let them go without feeling pissed off.

That's expensive... we pay about £4-5 each.

I can set you up an enom reseller account if you want (think it's $8.95 per domain year) - but you do have to put a minimum $100 credit into you account. PM me your email if you want one.

$8.95 Damn?! thats expensive. Get my domains $6.40... got domains growing out my ears :S

You should give us a list of your good ones to see what they're about.

domains

Hi Programmer,

I actually left quite a few lapse in the end :(

My domain registrar renewed some of them automatically which I didnt agree too, therefore Im stuck with the ones in my signature which Im trying to get rid of. Trying to sell all my domains as its taking over my day job which I enjoy most!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts