Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain Parking (click) Revenue

How Important Is Domain Parking Revenue To You?

• Not bothered at all

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • A nice to have, but not that important

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Very important

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

DomainManage

Acorn Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick poll on how important this is to you. I know things now are different than they were 15 years ago in terms of payouts.

Mine are parked at Sedo but I'm not bothered about click revenue, I'd prefer if there was an option on Sedo to not show any ads at all.

Anyone interested in the domain will contact anyway. Why not make as much as possible out of any traffic opportunities.

Well, only have a handful of parked domains with them, but I made 0.06 Euro from Sedo last month (That's off of 286 visitors so that's an effective CPM of 0.21 Euro).

Champagne all round...

Mine are parked at Sedo but I'm not bothered about click revenue, I'd prefer if there was an option on Sedo to not show any ads at all.
Bodis has this option. Show no ads and auto redirect to sales lander commission free.

you can call a rep at Sedo to remove the ads on your parked pages

@JamesTuplin, thanks, but I can't be bothered moving all my domains to Bodis, too much messing about.

@meslam123, last September I asked Sedo how I can change all of my domains to go directly to the sales pages, without first going to the adverts page.

Their reply was:

What you are referring to is called 'Domain Forwarding'.

Sellers that utilize domain forwarding have chosen to opt out of domain parking, which means that they do not generate parking revenue. If you wish to forward traffic directly to the sales page, you must:

1) Search for your domain on the marketplace and click to open the sales page.

2) Copy the link to the sales page.

3) Log in to your registrar account or call their support line and ask that they enable domain forwarding for you (and provide the appropriate link for each domain sale page).

That's not possible through the Nominet control panel, all you can do is set nameservers. I don't know why Sedo can't have an opt out of domain parking button to avoid having an adverts page showing first.

@meslam123, last September I asked Sedo how I can change all of my domains to go directly to the sales pages, without first going to the adverts page.

That's not possible through the Nominet control panel, all you can do is set nameservers. I don't know why Sedo can't have an opt out of domain parking button to avoid having an adverts page showing first.

Ok, thanks for confirming that, I don't know really why they complicate the process, anyway I have noticed that even if you opt out domain parking at Sedo, my browser adblocker block Sedo parking page, this is may potentially cause loss of few sales as end users will see a blank page, so it's better to move to undeveloped or any alternatives IMHO.

I'd never used an adblocker until a few months back, I decided to try it out of interest, but have since uninstalled it.

Same as you, if I visit a domain parked on Sedo, rather than just blocking the ads, it blocks everything on the page, including the buy this domain link that goes to the sales page.

I did sign up at undeveloped, but again, I can't be arsed moving domains, so I'll leave them on Sedo.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom