Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain virgin

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here, wanted to introduce myself :).

Complete novice to the Domain buy/sell space and am grateful for the site as it's teaching me a lot.

Purchased my first domains back in May/June this year via GoDaddy, but felt that I have been largely mislead by them as they were not transparent, and believe I have lost money :(.

If possible, would value your opinions on the sale potential on the following:

lol.adult
askmom.co.uk
livewebcam.adult
24hrbutler.com
supermarketpromos.com
fxratetoday.com

What are your opinions on .app extensions, is it worth investing in?

If I want to sell my domains do I need to be listed on SEDO, WHOIS, or is registering with GoDaddy only allows me access to their selling platform?

Sorry if my questions are inappropriate.

Thanks,
Hits

Hey @Hits, welcome to the nut.

I am only new to this myself so I cannot appraise your domains but I will point you to the usual places to list them.

You've mentioned that your domains are with GoDaddy (GD) and I am sure that they are the biggest and most well-known of all domain registrars, however, I believe you don't need to be exclusive with them in regards to listing your domain(s) for sale. I imagine but cannot be sure that being with GD automatically lists you on the Afternic marketplace but it might still be worth signing up with them for any other non-GD domains you may get in future.

Sedo is usually rated second behind Afternic/GD however there is also Undeveloped and Uniregistry where you can also list for free. Then you have auction services such as Flippa, Namejet, and DomainLore (for UK domains).

When listing at multiple places, make sure you ideally only have a Buy it Now (BIN) price on one of these and make offers on the others, otherwise, even as unlikely as it is to happen, you risk the same domain selling at different places at roughly the same time, which could result in some legal issues possibly arising.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom