Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainlore vs Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final auction price is VAT inclusive if you're going to charge it.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

It means that I am either penalised (as the seller) if I am selling to somebody to whom VAT applies (e.g. bidding goes to 5,000 pounds but I will actually only get 5,000-VAT if I am selling to a buyer who has to pay me VAT) or the buyer is penalised for having to pay more than they should if they're in a non-VATeable situation.

Surely a situation where the bid says (for example) "5,000 pounds (+VAT where applicable)" would be the clearest and least controversial option. That way, the seller always knows what they're going to receive (5,000 pounds) and the VAT is just a "thing" for the buyer to deal with, just like they have to deal with VAT on everything else they buy. Or not, if it doesn't apply to them...

sedo is crap but at least if reserve isn't met you don't pay anything
domainlore is good and denys is doing a good job with it but the 10% penalty if something doesnt meet reserve is too risky
simply not enough eyeballs on that site to warrant that
prob only 100 regular people visit site

one thing i think acorn could do is make sales threads visible to people not logged in/registered
its a ball ache having to login to look at sales threads, also you never know whos passing by a dn would be oblivious without registering
personally i would rather sell on here and im trying acorn auctions too
keep it all inhouse

i will never use sedo as the reserves they want to put on top domains is insulting and they are invisble to general public. joanna and the crew issue soundbites and do naff all about it
their old site was way better

sedo is crap but at least if reserve isn't met you don't pay anything
domainlore is good and denys is doing a good job with it but the 10% penalty if something doesnt meet reserve is too risky
simply not enough eyeballs on that site to warrant that
prob only 100 regular people visit site

But that 10% make people think "Do I want to sell this name, or am I just putting it up to be noticed?"

By doing this he has prevented Domainlore becoming a dumping ground for people's garbage. Some people will say "well my names aren't garbage" to that I would say "put your money where your mouth is".

Has it stopped me putting my names on, yes absolutley! Or more accurately, made me think before submitting them.

From a buyers point of view it's great. From a sellers it looks to be getting better and better as well if recent sales are anything to go by.

yeah i agree, but theres not enough eyeballs
a reason people may not buy is they simply don't have the cash at that time
i would guess 80% of the eyeballs on domainlore come here too, so why list there?
i have sold one there and a good site and that but i woudl rather submit top names to domainfest etc and have a global audience etc. or sell on here for free :D
some sales have gone well for people and forces peoples hand on day
i wouldn't sell a really good domain without a reasonable starting bid, and i can do that on here. without cost or risk

plus a couple of those big sales on domainlore, like yorkshiredales went from acorner to acorner lol
noone else bid. one of those domains imo where only one wanted anyway at that price
re: diamonds also
i actually think would have gone for more on here!
everyone in one place, people forget about domainlore and spend more time here. it was worth more and should have gone for more. even barry would have missed it if it werent for his daughter! lol

i think opening up the acorn homepage to lurkers and passing traffic is best, including us when we're passing by without being logged in, as it still logs me out too quick

all in all, i'll stick to that. forum sales and top auctions for top domains
domainlore is more suited to catchers wanting quick flips i guess and people who wanted can quickly get, also ties in with denys' catching profit shre thang

Yes mate I have listed some here as well in the past, but with dumpvalve/co/uk I have finishing tomorrow on DL. I have emailed a few end users and I'd rather they visited Dl to buy it rather than reading these forums sometimes.

this is more industry to industry as you said, some of the chat that goes on in here is a little brutal at times.:D

So that's why I would use it although do use here as well sometimes. Hopefully if people market their names right that they place on DL, like contacting end users and letting them know about the sale, it should pick up. But it has to be the sellers job to do it on a per auction basis imo if they want the best price.

Cheers
Graeme

That doesn't make any sense at all.
I didn't make the rules!

Below is a c&p from DL rules. Sedo also has a similar rule about final auction price.

All domain prices listed on DomainLore auctions are gross (i.e. - VAT inclusive). This helps making bidding fair for everyone (whether VAT registered or not) and results in more transparent what you see is what you pay prices. If you are a VAT registered seller please ensure that your desired auction starting price takes VAT inclusion into the account.

When sending payments to sellers, buyers do not pay BACs or Paypal fees. Paypal recipient (seller) fees should not be requested from the buyer. However, it will be considered as a sign of a goodwill and professionalism for all buyers to use Paypal's MassPay service and pay a maximum of £0.65 GBP for the whole transaction instead of leaving seller to pay 3% of the total amount. When sending payments to sellers who do not accept payments via BACs and/or Paypal and only offer 'EU/international' payment option, it is a responsibility of the seller to cover wire transfer fees, so the buyer receives the exact amount the domain name was sold for.

Yes mate I have listed some here as well in the past, but with dumpvalve/co/uk I have finishing tomorrow on DL. I have emailed a few end users and I'd rather they visited Dl to buy it rather than reading these forums sometimes.

this is more industry to industry as you said, some of the chat that goes on in here is a little brutal at times.:D

So that's why I would use it although do use here as well sometimes. Hopefully if people market their names right that they place on DL, like contacting end users and letting them know about the sale, it should pick up. But it has to be the sellers job to do it on a per auction basis imo if they want the best price.

Cheers
Graeme

actually very good points there mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts