Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domainlore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

With the sale of Charters.co.uk for £4k...

I just want to say a big well done to Denys and other members on acorn for achieving over £200k in sales on the Domainlore platform

Good work and wish you continued success.

Regards,
Barry

Last edited:
Yep totally agree here, I think I have sold about 10-15k worth of names on it so can't fault it.

nice domain and nice little sale considering not that many eyeballs on it
congrats

Can Deny contact me please or someone ping me his email.

Cheers

Doug

Just realised in the terms and conditions:

But, there is a fee when one does not sell domain names. The seller is charged 10% of the starting (or reserve price) if the auctioned domain name does not sell. Now that is elegant!

So if he lets some crap go past his strict criteria and it doesn't sell, he can charge the seller for it. As they say, always read the small print.

great system, very useful! The 10% fee for non sellers is a great idea to get rid of the domains unlikely to sell

sure though this is in conflict with the idea of making cash. If he opened the flood gates to more junk, that means more cash for Denys. Unless he is deriving some additional payoff from not having crap on the site...which is more likely.

So if he lets some crap go past his strict criteria and it doesn't sell, he can charge the seller for it. As they say, always read the small print.

Nothing to do with small print, you can't place an auction until you leave a deposit of 10%, which you get back if it sells. So nobody will get caught with secret charges of any kind.

If people are sure of their values for their products there won't be a problem.

Nothing to do with small print, you can't place an auction until you leave a deposit of 10%, which you get back if it sells. So nobody will get caught with secret charges of any kind.

If people are sure of their values for their products there won't be a problem.

Whether he takes the 10% up front as a deposit or not isn't the point I'm making GW, it's the fact that Denys had this very long standing approach that he only let quality domains onto his site which he approves for sale. The 10% payment he can take for a failed sale therefore seems an unusual approach.

Who mentioned 'secret charges' btw? Not me. :confused:

All i'm saying is that people should always read the small print before venturing into an agreement, what's wrong with doing that?

Last edited:
Who mentioned 'secret charges' btw? All i'm saying is that people should read the small print before venturing into this agreement, what's wrong with doing that? :confused:

I think people have to be careful that when you say always "read the small print" about someones dealings with a person that you are implying some kind of issues with their conduct. Whether it was meant like that I don't know but for me that is the way it came across, I don't know how others interpreted it.

To be honest, I'd rather he knocked the deposit up a lot higher, maybe 50% or something, and had all the auctions on the front page. This way, those that are sure of their domains value can get decent exposure/bidding, even if Denys doesn't think they are worth much.

I think people have to be careful that when you say always "read the small print" about someones dealings with a person that you are implying some kind of issues with their conduct. Whether it was meant like that I don't know but for me that is the way it came across, I don't know how others interpreted it.

GW, people are advised to read small print every minute of the day, it's absolutely fine. Are you saying i'm slandering Denys? Please clarify.

For the record, the terms and conditions point was raised by disruptive:
Just realised in the terms and conditions:

But, there is a fee when one does not sell domain names. The seller is charged 10% of the starting (or reserve price) if the auctioned domain name does not sell. Now that is elegant!

In response, all i'm doing is re-iterating the importance of understanding what agreement people are entering into. So you are no longer confused, for the record Denys isn't doing anything wrong, his site is crystal clear.

GW, what are your thoughts regarding the clear opinion expressed by mally about the reasoning regarding the 10% fee:
great system, very useful! The 10% fee for non sellers is a great idea to get rid of the domains unlikely to sell

GW, people are advised to read small print every minute of the day, it's absolutely fine. Are you saying i'm slandering Denys? Please clarify.

Look mate, I've said what I have said on it, it's clear enough my thoughts on it and your comments regarding it, I'm not getting into a pedantic argument over the technicalities. Sorry just got loads to do these days.

GW, what are your thoughts regarding the clear opinion expressed by mally about the reasoning regarding the 10% fee:

Totally agree with mally, it's a good thing. I haven't seen threads on here about Denys not allowing names on his site for sometime (rightly or wrongly). If people think their names should be on his site, they can now add them but it's money where there mouth is time. If they and their valuation is wrong then they pay 10%.

If they don't have doubts about their name then stick it on and it's free of charge when it sells. If you do have doubts, why should buyers wade through hours of crap names (like sedo)?

As a buyer I like it, as a seller I like it, either way last time I checked Denys wasn't forcing anyone kicking and screaming to his site and tieing them down to the keyboard in order they must use it.

...I'm not getting into a pedantic argument over the technicalities. Sorry just got loads to do these days...

Couldn't agree more, molehills and all that!

Totally agree with mally, it's a good thing. I haven't seen threads on here about Denys not allowing names on his site for sometime (rightly or wrongly). If people think their names should be on his site, they can now add them but it's money where there mouth is time. If they and their valuation is wrong then they pay 10%.

If they don't have doubts about their name then stick it on and it's free of charge when it sells. If you do have doubts, why should buyers wade through hours of crap names (like sedo)?

As a buyer I like it, as a seller I like it, either way last time I checked Denys wasn't forcing anyone kicking and screaming to his site and tieing them down to the keyboard in order they must use it.

Selling domains within a time constraint surely favours resellers rather than end users. As you put it, no one is being forced to use his site, but for me 10% is too much of a hit to chance asking for a realistic price because Sedo is far more of a universal stage.

Couldn't agree more, molehills and all that!

Selling domains within a time constraint surely favours resellers rather than end users. As you put it, no one is being forced to use his site, but for me 10% is too much of a hit to chance asking for a realistic price because Sedo is far more of a universal stage.

But what if you had a 90% more chance of selling it through Domainlore and no commision when it does sell.

I don't know the comparison on listing and selling ratios of names but I'd say 85-90% of names listed on Domainlore will sell and complete.

From a buyers point of view, I haven't been on Sedo in over 6 months. So you could have a really great name on there, people will struggle to find it because you are hidden by the chaff. Other than typing in the URL, but even then why not use Namedrive as a landing page, no commission and can communicate direct with the seller.

It definetly favours resellers and not end users but anything apart from a type in landing page or direct marketing (which will cost more than 10%) is always going to be like that.

I don't know the comparison on listing and selling ratios of names but I'd say 85-90% of names listed on Domainlore will sell and complete.

Looking at the hidden gems sections - which presumably Denys lists most of the domains which are listed by members - I see a lot which seem to be unsold. Isn't it more like 90% of those unsold?

Stephen.

I assumed from what I read that if your paying to list the name, Denys doesn't approve them, they automatically go into auction (via hidden gems) but he can promote it to 'premium' as his discretion ? I maybe mixing pre-bids and other stuff up, as I don't closely follow DL, I use it to buy, but not sold yet.

The way I see it, is its no different that the 'listing fee' on ebay, only their is no final selling price like ebay.

I assumed from what I read that if your paying to list the name, Denys doesn't approve them, they automatically go into auction (via hidden gems) but he can promote it to 'premium' as his discretion ? I maybe mixing pre-bids and other stuff up, as I don't closely follow DL, I use it to buy, but not sold yet.

The way I see it, is its no different that the 'listing fee' on ebay, only their is no final selling price like ebay.

Denys simply approves them as gem/premium, you then have a choice to set the start/end dates or cancel the auction altogether, i.e., if your domain doesn't get approved as a premium, you don't have to run it as a gem and risk paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom