Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Email Templates to Sell Domains?

Yeah, you've gotta become that annoying little email that won't go away. A lot of people forget that the sort of people we're emailing are directors, etc. that don't sit around checking emails all day. It's about getting in front of them during that 5-7 minute break they have between meetings, with a catchy subject heading.

Someone else mentioned subject headings, remember that this is your only opportunity to capture someones interest before they swipe you away into the read folder, or worse still the junk.

Whoever mentioned just putting the domain in the subject, that's mostly how I do it too. If you are sending to a public mailbox, do your research and think about gatekeepers who might discard your email before the person you want to read it, even sees it. I sometimes put things like FAO: Director Name — Forecasts for Example.uk or something that a gatekeeper might think is important and forward to the right person. Often times you can find the name of the person you want to speak to on Companies House.

It's a bit of a rough edge, but, sometimes I even look at the dates of birth and try to figure out who might be most technical minded by their age, Google them, get their LinkedIn, or find an email for them on their website and then email them.

This exactly my point.

I have a lot successful with subject heading only putting domain name, but this working from 2005-2009.

I don't know what's work this time

Hi All,
I didn't expect so many replies so thank you all.
A mixed bag here but thats welcome and I'm sure everyone with a bit of mix n match will find some value. Not saying it will help a lot but I'll pitch in as the OP with a couple I've tried.
All the best, Jim.

Did a forum Search and @Federer had some good result doing outreach, seems they were mostly in the £100 - £500 price range, but when you sell a lot, they soon add up. This is one of the sales templates he posted on the forum:

Federers follow up email to the one above:

Terrific, Thanks K

Hi All, Would cold emailing fall under the gov uk section about marketing? I was considering following @seemly template but before I do, I am wondering if the email could be classified as spam with the potential of a fine if reported? Or would this not apply?

Email marketing and text messages
You’re only allowed to send marketing emails to individual customers if they’ve given you permission.

Hi All, Would cold emailing fall under the gov uk section about marketing? I was considering following @seemly template but before I do, I am wondering if the email could be classified as spam with the potential of a fine if reported? Or would this not apply?

Email marketing and text messages
You’re only allowed to send marketing emails to individual customers if they’ve given you permission.

No, GDPR is about data protection not cold emailing. There are a few caveats to it though. Best off emailing a public facing email address, from their website etc. and your product must be relevant to their business needs, basically.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom