Domain Manage

Domains Wanted - No PM's only posts`

Discussion in 'Forum News & Feedback' started by mally, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Can consideration be made regarding people posting requests in the domain wanted section and wanting replies only via PM ?

I would prefer other members to see the domains that match the request, therefore potentially increasing the chances of a sale.

Anyone else agree?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. bulkcorn United Kingdom

bulkcorn Active Member

Many of those 'sourcing' domains for Clients would prefer PMs to posts. I agree posting domains rather than PMing could actually increase the chances of a sale to other persons who might be interested.

4. scottmccloud

scottmccloud Active Member

From the buyer's point of view, if the domains were posted publically, it could spark another member's interest which could result in a bidding war, thus ending up paying a higher price.

5. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

As a seller I would rather PM than post, I don't want my business going public.

6. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

As a buyer I would rather have posts than PMs, because I get PMs for months after the thread has closed.

7. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Why not just specify which (as happens now) and STICK TO IT?

In other words, if you said posts only, then delete all PMs related to the sales thread unread.

If you said PMs only then there's no need to revisit your Wanted thread after you posted it (assuming you also posted a BUDGET in the initial post) except to say "Don't need any more PMs" and then you can flag the latter post to the moderation team and request that the thread be locked.

8. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

A problem I see with that is you’d just end up with even more junk names that bear no relevance to the posters request being posted than already is?

There are areas to promote names "the for sale section" its also better for people that want to buy as they only need look in one section? Not trawl all over the place. Think multiple posting of the same name on a forum achieves nothing other than more junk ;)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.