Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

eBay Affiliate Website For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

Willing to consider offers for a fairly new eBay/ePN monetized website: typospy-co-uk

I purchased the domain in March 2011 and slowly developed the PHP script over the following couple of months. My main motivation initially was to help me improve my PHP coding skills.

I've done a very minimal amount of SEO work so far yet the site has recently become well established in Google SERPS and is now receiving a reasonable flow of natural search traffic (Webalizer stats say 400/500 uniques per month May-Aug 2011). To date I've done no paid for advertising which I think is likely the way forward (e.g. Adwords/Facebook). The site is now Google pageranked 2.

A recent check showed the following Google SERPS placements for the following keywords:

ebay spelling = page 1
auction typo = page 1
auction spelling = page 1
ebay spelling error = page 1
ebay spelling mistake = page 2
auction spelling mistake = page 1
ebay typo = page 1
ebay typo error = page 1

There are no eBay/ePN affiliate links on the home page, only on the results pages which are blocked from search engine indexing to avoid upsetting Google! The results pages display affiliate links (301 redirect URLs) for both the UK and US eBay sites. Each link contains a unique identifier that, when clicked, will tell you the typo searched on eBay in your ePN dowload reports.

Revenue earned to date is modest as there's still a lot of work that should be done SEO wise etc. but, nevertheless, the site has gradually started to generate sales on eBay now (38 sales to date). Given eBays QCP payment system it is impossible for me to detail exact earnings that resulted but Winning Bid Revenue has averaged around 92p per sale so far and average sale value has been around £10.

Reason for sale is the site needs time and effort invested to generate traffic (and maybe PPC advertising would prove beneficial). Being one of several eBay monetized websites I have (all of the others are more traditional content driven sites) I don't have the time to give to SEO or experience of PPC marketing which I think is likely to be the best way forward to grow earnings. So, if a fair offer is forthcoming, it's probably best to pass this on to someone who can do a better job!

Installing the scripts on the new owners server should be a doddle as they are very straightforward.

Please post any questions or offers in this thread. Paypal payment preferred.

Buyer to pay Nominet fee for the domain name. Script was written by me and will be sold with all rights to continue using it and develop further if required.

I did PM then remembered you'd asked for questions in thread.
What kind of amount are you looking for? Wouldn't want to come across as rude if I grossly under-estimated!

I did PM then remembered you'd asked for questions in thread.
What kind of amount are you looking for? Wouldn't want to come across as rude if I grossly under-estimated!

No prob, replied to your PM and said...

Obviously the site needs to be owned by someone who is an eBay affiliate which I appreciate restricts demand somewhat.

That said, given the name, pagerank, search engine indexing and script writing that has gone in, I'd be hoping for a £xxx offer as, otherwise, I can just sit on the site and likely earn around £50 per year anyway even if traffic doesn't grow and without doing anything.

If you're still interested in the site and have an ePN account then I'd also be happy to help you get the site up and running on your server if we can agree a price.

On the other hand, if you don't have an eBay affiliate account (ePN) yet, then I suggest you look to get one before spending money on sites or new eBay targeted domains as ePN accounts can prove difficult to get thesedays I'm told.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom