Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Exact match obsession - I'm out! maybe you should be too?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the theory on that is sound but the practice imho actually relates in this very case of trying to push perception out to consumers that the govts planned implementation of the Lord's Jackson & Young reports are damaging to the "little man" or in this case... the "underdog"...

Could be right there, although I think it's more for making the claims process more approachable to the average person in the demographic they're targeting at and ultimately getting more enquiries as a result (was reading about it here on the advertising company's website a while back).

Either way, the use of the marketing around that domain has raised awareness IMO.

Could be right there, although I think it's more for making the claims process more approachable to the average person in the demographic they're targeting at and ultimately getting more enquiries as a result (was reading about it here on the advertising company's website a while back).

Either way, the use of the marketing around that domain has raised awareness IMO.

LOL no-one was ever going to say "we did this campaign cos we're shit scared the govt's going to screw our business model"

:)

Back to thread :)

I do realise what you mean and I'm not disagreeing, but I still think it's been an effective campaign to make claims more approachable for the type of people they're aiming it at.

...but yes anyway, interesting thread so let's get back on topic :p

Never been a fan of these types of domains (GKT exacts). What people type into search engines and what they type into the url box on a web browser is a different thought and action process.

>

>the reality is.... you dont need em to be successful...

It depends on how you define sucessful. If a £6 domain makes you £250 via a churn and burn adsense/aff minisite process then dies in serps 6 months later - is that a big deal?

Just rinse and repeat the process while G gives exact match love. Just remember when the love dies your little business will die with it, but there will probably be some other g hack to exploit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom