Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Free Online Site Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a couple of domains and want to develop them into minisites to increase their value.

I've heard so much about wordpress but setting up and running wordpress in linux is a bit of effort (in fact, most of things in linux is a bit of effort compare to windows environment)

Therefore, I'm looking for an free easy online site builder which requires minimal learning curve.

I look around and find some candidates: webnode.com, synthasite.com, tumblr.com, doctopus.com, officialsitebuilder.com

tumblr.com currently can't have comment section so I think it's out. But how about the rest?

What are pros and cons of each one? What do u think best suitable for a domainer not wanting to get hands too dirty?

Sharing you website using an online site builder is appreciated. Thank you.

I've heard so much about wordpress but setting up and running wordpress in linux is a bit of effort (in fact, most of things in linux is a bit of effort compare to windows environment)
Do you have your own server or is it a hosting account that runs a linux server?

Do you have your own server or is it a hosting account that runs a linux server?
Hi Ben,
I don't have my own server. I haven't had a hosting account.

I'm a newbie in this. I want to write the offline content for the site first, see how it looks and feels, ask for comments from friends before I put it online.

wp requires a server for it to run; I can't instal it. A html editor don't. I only found 2 WYSIWYG html editors for linux: seamonkey and kompozer. seamonkey is not very good in capability while kompozer crashes for me.

THerefore, I have to turn to an online option.

If you are messing with Linux then its well within your capabilites I would guess to download a free template and play with it locally to get a feel for html.

Hi,

To play it locally it means I have to set up a local web server, right? I've been trying that for sometimes but still got stuck somewhere. And linux is messing with my hard drive now.

By the way, i tried out webnode. Very easy, intuitive and professional. Synthasite is also nice but the theme is not as good as webnode.

Hi,

To play it locally it means I have to set up a local web server, right? I've been trying that for sometimes but still got stuck somewhere. And linux is messing with my hard drive now.

By the way, i tried out webnode. Very easy, intuitive and professional. Synthasite is also nice but the theme is not as good as webnode.

Why waste your time learning Linux?

Buy some web hosting, put Wordpress on it and learn how to use that. Quick and simple.

Part of the Domaining business is learning where to spend your time that at some point will bring you a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom