Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fridays Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first post said you might offer a drop catching service in future, so why are you surprised that people aren't deluging you with PMs? Surely, the time to expect an approach from potential customers is after you're actually proven to be open for business, not when you're thinking about being in business.

rob said:
It was just an innocent question, I try and catch the odd one or two so if I see a new registrant or tag pop up on the drop I would recognise it :) I quite understand wanting to supply the spades and pans for the gold rush

Also, you did say ;

Previous poster says that, now has a possible competative system... does that mean you have multi tags ;)

/thirddegree :)

Rob, I genuinely have one TAG and if you read my posts here you will see that I say that I remain skeptical that this is down to nothing more than a fast server and the skill of the programmer.

pheasantplucker said:
Rob, I genuinely have one TAG and if you read my posts here you will see that I say that I remain skeptical that this is down to nothing more than a fast server and the skill of the programmer.

Fair enough :)

The problem is if I beat you to a name does that mean I am cheating , multi tags, better programmer?

A single test cannot be accurate, its more long term form, and for that you need names :)

Last edited:
Edwin said:
Your first post said you might offer a drop catching service in future, so why are you surprised that people aren't deluging you with PMs? Surely, the time to expect an approach from potential customers is after you're actually proven to be open for business, not when you're thinking about being in business.

Edwin, We have a new application that works within Nominets T&C's and we believe that IF it's a level playing field we will have SOME success, that's because there's also an amount of luck involved. IF the application proves successful then we will offer it as a service but if it falls flat on its face then there's little point. The biggest question is how much people are prepared to pay for a successful catch.

Hi Mate,

I am getting lost here :confused: why not advertise the domain name for sale once you have caught.co.uk (not again! :D) it/them? And sell to the highest bidder, surely thats what happens anyway with the
pheasantplucker said:
'serious' players

Sean

rob said:
The problem is if I beat you to a name does that mean I am cheating , multi tags, better programmer, or shagging jay daley?QUOTE]

Rob, only you know the answer to that question and to be honest I hate conforming so I don't have a problem if people are using multiple tags, it's when they come on here telling some of the more naive members that the only way to be successful is to spend money on your script etc.. it's bullshit and it drives me bonkers. I'm not basing my comments on heresay, I'm speaking from knowledge, one thing I have never and will never do is name names.

rob said:
A single test cannot be accurate, its more long term form, and for that you need names :)

I agree 100%, the only reason I asked is because I genuinely don't have a clue what is dropping from day to day other than the pre-Nom's and that was only thanks to the posting the other day - I could here people's teeth gnashing when I saw the post :D

It's a game for me, I want to prove myself wrong.

I dont think theres much dropping Friday..

These should hopefully pop off sometime soon..

gel.co.uk
dmd.co.uk
hel.co.uk
lakeside.co.uk
kestrel.co.uk

Your more then welcome to give them to me when you catch them.

btw

Rob.. Cheers for the PM mate.. coundnt pm you back as your box is full.

DomainBrand.co.uk said:
Hi Mate,

I am getting lost here :confused: why not advertise the domain name for sale once you have caught.co.uk (not again! :D) it/them? And sell to the highest bidder, surely thats what happens anyway with the

Sean

You can't do it Sean, because that means the man with the biggest purse always wins and that doesn't appeal to me. If I was a greedy person as Edwin said I'd be grabbing the names myself. It's easier just to work with a few people who you can trust to pay you when you grab the name. All of this is academic at the moment because there's a very good chance I could be just another small time player, the only thing is that it's no win, no fee so it's a free bet basically.

aquanuke said:
I dont think theres much dropping Friday..

These should hopefully pop off sometime soon..

gel.co.uk
dmd.co.uk
hel.co.uk
lakeside.co.uk
kestrel.co.uk

Your more then welcome to give them to me when you catch them

Cheers Aquanuke, I tell you what you as you had already posted this list and I wouldn't have chosen to go for them you can have any that I catch as a way of thanks for posting the list in the first place. I liked that, I could hear people tearing their hair out when I saw the list and it put a big smile on my face.

pheasantplucker said:
Cheers Aquanuke, I tell you what you as you had already posted this list and I wouldn't have chosen to go for them you can have any that I catch as a way of thanks for posting the list in the first place. I liked that, I could hear people tearing their hair out when I saw the list and it put a big smile on my face.

Not sure why you think that drop lists are a big secret, it is work to compile and maintain lists but those names have been posted elsewhere a few times, even googling for the odd one could find a site which will email them to you :)

rob said:
Not sure why you think that drop lists are a big secret, it is work to compile and maintain lists but those names have been posted elsewhere a few times, even googling for the odd one could find a site which will email them to you :)

I know but that's the point, I just don't chase names pro-actively but some people seem to get peeved when a list is posted. You maybe not but I'm sure you'd agree that it's a greedy business this, the fact that these names cost £5 and can be sold for £000's brings out the worst in a lot of people.

pheasantplucker - I would take no notice of what Edwin thinks, personally I think it's a great idea and as you're offering a no win no fee service how can people lose? It's also nice to see somebody who isn't clouded by greed. If it's successful I'd be more than happy to book a few slots. Best of luck anyway.

Was that your TAG LORE ?

Nice catch on the lakes Sean.

aquanuke and Ratboy - Thanks guys ;-)

Here's a few that should go, not great but I'm sure there will be a little competition on them for you.

familyweb.co.uk
sportsreport.co.uk
pcfriendly.co.uk

Paul, thanks for the names, I only just got them but we did have a go last night at a couple and had no joy and going through the logs, we've discovered a serious issue that needs ironing out, so we're still working on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom