Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Friends New site selling own made goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine has created a new site to sell her own home-made goods. the site is on www.petitemoi.co.uk and i wanted to know what people thought of it if possible.

Also, what i really wanted were some suggestions as to how to promote a site in this niche. This is not a paid job for me but would like to give some tips, except i am not familiar sort of business. It seems a different sell to the normal rank it and earn i am used to.

Does anyone have any tips outside of obvious SEO/rankings such as product feeds, Google shopping etc.

It is not going to be a big business so to speak but i would love to be able to offer some advice if anyone has any. I would happily reciprocate with any advice in the finance niche if anyone needs any.

Thanks

On a couple of ipads i just get a full grey screen saying I need flash. There's 80% more traffic using an html5 snippet tip :)

I don't like it sorry to say.

Why is flash and what not? and not something more user friendly.

I found it hard to navigate too + I'm still not totally sure what the site is offering.

I am also really not keen on the site, flash overload! And the store isn't very user friendly just showing 2 products at a time.

The type of stuff she is selling would be very well suited to a bigcartel store, which is designed for these exact sorts of products:

http://bigcartel.com/

Grant

I can't see why it is in flash anyway. You could do it in HTML and use jquery for fading effects etc and would stand a better chance of getting traffic from search engines.

The site layout and appearance is nice but the grey colour gives a drab feeling to it. If the background were changed to white I think it would look good.

I think the design is great. The look and feel of the site is exactly what you would expect for the type of goods.

Agree with others about flash / ux / better nav

No need for the landing page, thats very dated.

I also don't like the Font of the headers and the images scroll far, far too fast.

I don't get why the flash either, most the stuff there can be done with jquery quite easy.

With flash she's going to struggle to get ANY search engine traffic as they can't read flash without trickery.

Check out what is listed https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:petitemoi.co.uk thats as good as it will get.

Nice site otherwise.

No need for the landing page, thats very dated.

I also don't like the Font of the headers and the images scroll far, far too fast.

Agree, was trying to read the text but got too distracted by the scrolling images and closed it

It's a wix.com site

Could smell it the minute I saw it :)

According to Wix:
"31,535,284 sites created. Make yours!
Easy to customize. No coding. Google friendly."

Google friendly...are they having a laugh?

Thanks everyone

Point taken on the flash, I was not
Involved in the site but will see it gets changed.

Does anyone have any experience of selling in this sort of space or have any tips like grant of good places to use?

Does anyone have any experience of selling in this sort of space or have any tips like grant of good places to use?
I believe etsy and notontgehighstreet is good for hand made products

Thanks Everyone for your feedback and comments, i will go back with all of it and let you know how they get on

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom