Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Getting ready for the Black Friday sales...

Anyone seen any cheap, small smart TV's flying around today ? Don't care what the brand is as its just going into the play room for the kiddy. Picked up a couple of Samsung ones about £160 each a couple of months ago for other rooms but so was hoping there was an unknown brand or something today at half the price.

Last edited:
To be fair, doesnt need to be a smart TV, we've got Sky fed through analogue for upstairs TV's with boosters to every room and we've got a chrome cast and firestick we never use so could use them and like you say get a standard TV.

SmartTV on low end TVs is like Full HD displays on low end laptops (or DVD drives on laptops in general)... a few will have it, but massively limits the choice.

It’s all over HUKD like a rash, but Amazon has discounted a number of Hue kits by 40%.
Thanks Edwin, a mate messaged me at 3am to let me know so placed an order. I only need the GU10 kit so I can set timers on my outside lights, not that fussed by internal 'coloured' lights.

Could be cheaper to get a non-smart TV and a discounted stick (Google or Amazon).

For example this 22” Full HD Sharp is £125.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sharp-lc-22cfe4000ew-full-hd-e-led-tv-2835722

Or Technika 24” HD ready is £109
https://www.tesco.com/direct/techni...-with-freeview-hd/611-2079.prd?skuId=611-2079

Add £25 for a Fire TV stick at Black Friday prices and you’ve got a much more flexible setup than a SmartTV would be.

Avoid any TV's with the brand 'polaroid' whilst shopping. That has effectively become a 'rent a brand', bankrupt several times in a few years. Most recent incarnation only registered May 2017.

So if you buy a 'polaroid' TV it may have been made by a defunct company (no warranty) and is likely to just be the cheapest bit of rubbish you could get from Aliexpress but with a rented logo on it.

From what I can gather there are all sorts of 'rights' being bandied around after trademarks picked up from 3 bankruptcies. So somebody could have Polaroid UK, somebody else Polaroid from some obscure country like Mongolia or something, so you never really have any idea who you are buying from or whether that specific product was produced by a current incarnation or an old one.

Shame such an illustrious brand went that way! Not that they made their name in telly's or anything, but saw somebody else boasting about their 'bargain' Polaroid telly from asda last year and cringed a little. Looks like they are only stocked on ebay this year (presumably legacy stock from last incarnation, so assume no warranty - ebay seller won't give you the time of day after 60 days).

Last edited:
Anyone got the Kindle Fire for Kids edition ? Seems like a decent discount from £129 to £89 for the 8" edition ?

Just remembered my missus asked for a kindle papermethingy for xmas.... £30 off today! Bonus!

Sounding like a git here.. this black Friday is a joke. I never bothered looking before so I thought I'd give it a go.. and as I thought anything that's new or any good is not on offer. Seems just either old tat, last years/unwanted or low spec models. Someone post an example to give me faith.

It seemed the first couple of years Amazon pushed it here were really good, with a few lightning deals running at any one time, many of which sold out in minutes. Now it's blown out of all proportions.

Sounding like a git here.. this black Friday is a joke. I never bothered looking before so I thought I'd give it a go.. and as I thought anything that's new or any good is not on offer. Seems just either old tat, last years/unwanted or low spec models. Someone post an example to give me faith.

I've always been the same, its always been last season/end of line stock which are heavily discounted. This year it seems different where they've turned the frenzy of black Friday into a weeks worth of half arsed offers instead. Less appeal and most of the time offers which have happened through the year and a couple of extra offers on well known products.

Was hoping to get some xmas presents sorted today but not seen anything worth looking at really, plus I lost interest in looking through Amazons hundreds of black Friday offers, almost as bad as walking around town.

Haven't been shopping around but this thing was £109 yesterday, and the day before, and every day before that...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QJDO0QC/?tag=acorn06-21

And will be £109 tomorrow, and every day after that until presumably about Xmas eve.

So this stupid American idea at least saved me £30 today on something I was pretty much ordered to buy.... and I can now spend that £30 on beer :D

Probably anyone who likes ASOS already knows, but they have 20% off everything

Their brand stuff is amazing for the price

Monopoly Classic for £11.82 with free shipping is a good offer (Amazon) for anybody who could do with upgrading their set for xmas!

Amazon has long forced all of their sellers into a race to the bottom anyway, none of them have got any margins left to play with. That's another perspective on the lack of decent offers. I'd be making a loss if I reduced my prices by 30%....

... I've got 2000 product listings on various marketplaces including Amazon, haven't reduced a single one. My sales increase on this day irrespective of whether I discount, working double hard for no profit doesn't appeal to me.

Almost all products offered on Amazon at a discount today with a 'black friday' tag will be being sold by Amazon themselves, not third parties.

Last edited:
Probably anyone who likes ASOS already knows, but they have 20% off everything

Their brand stuff is amazing for the price

I can see the warehouse from my attic window, every single ASOS item shipped from that single location (even international orders).

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom