Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Good hosting deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just logged into my cpanel and thought ey up my limits look a tad large today.
I sliver of green on my used indicator bar for disk space, band width etc confirmed something had changed.

Went to the main site and they had only up the limits wey hey :)

Krystal Hosting

Stupidly fast servers at a half decent price. worth a look people!

Anyone else use them?

Ive been using Krystal for a while now. Fantastic!

Their service really does put alot of other hosts to shame. I dont plan on using anyone else.

Very cheap! Shame I can't be arsed to move my sites!:(
How long have you been using them? Have you had to contact support yet?
What's the server uptime?

Cheap but super fast and UK based!!!

I've been with them 2-3 months and have been spot on. Got a call when I signed up to say hi are you ok with Cpanel etc.

Contacted support through email and phone about I.P.'s for mail server and good response. Up time not sure but it's not been down once to my knowledge for me.

The only moan I can have is they should increase the MySql on my package from 20 to 50 DB's for my WP installs ;) (if your reading)

Last edited:
Yep,

Support is great both email and phone. Very friendly chaps. Brings a tear of joy to my eye when you get good service these days. :)

do you use the reseller hosting or the standard hosting,because i am concerned when i sell a website is there a charge to remove it from the standard hosting plan...

I use standard hosting. Not sure about costs for removing domains, i assume you mean if you reg with them.

I have all mine with 123-reg.co.uk and change the NS to krystals. Let me keep in control then a bit more as i do find 123-reg's control panel the best for moving and controlling domains.

Its 99/year plan allows 9 addon domains...it means i can only have 9 website with this plan. Am i right? it seems little bit costly

Last edited:
Domains Hosted (NEW!) Unlimited!
krystal.jpg

but MySQL data allowed is only 40 ...it means i can have only 40 wordpress sites (I normally use wordpress for my sites..and for every download of wordpress it uses one Mysql )

Being a host, I generally don't comment on other hosting companies, however...

40 sites for £100 (including VAT) is very good value, especially if the feedback these guys are giving on support is correct. Support and low prices generally don't go together.

I'm sure you can get cheaper, but why risk your hosting to a kid earning extra pocket money after school?

shared or reseller

I am considering UK hosting for my UK websites. ..What kind of hosting should i take - shared or reseller? with reseller i can transfer my site without hurdle..i am right? Also anybody has any experience with 'Innohosting.com? i have read some good review about them..

When you consider UK hosting, disregard all the cheap US prices you've seen as power, bandwidth and staff costs are higher in the UK than the US.

Budget on a reasonable basic spec unmanaged server costing £100+vat/month, then they need to pay staff to give you support when you need it, they also need to make a profit. Now take a look at how much they offer you and the cost of this and you'll get an idea of how many sites will be sharing your server. If this looks an acceptable balance, then go for it, if it seems a concern, look for another supplier.

Reseller hosting gives you more flexibility for multiple sites as you can create a standalone account for each domain. Generally most control panels will give you the ability to transfer sites between servers of the same control panel.

Final bit of advise is to read the small print, many hosts will offer huge numbers, but then restrict how you can use it meaning you can't actually do what you want.

A1

Must add to this one and agree.

I moved some of my names and my webshop to Krystal on this recommendation and I must say they are (so far) very impressive.
Though this was not the primary reason for moving they are a lot cheaper than my current host too.

The Support is fast and friendly and went out of their way to help on setting up my webshop. Instead of just emailing the solution they actually sorted my problem which was a directory permissions issue before replying.

So thanks golddiggerguy for the heads up on these people :D

Gary

Good find G,

Shame I've signed up to hostgator for a year. nonetheless its a good find that I'm about to bookmark.

Just to add, I have been using them for a while with a range of different sites and they have been spot on so far. Its not every day you get cheap and great service together! :)

Glad I have spread some good in the world of domains and hosting ;)

Wonder if Tom M from Krystal ever has Google alerts active and has picked up on this praise were all giving Krystal?

Would be also interesting to know how many people have signed up through AD.

I've just signed up with Krystal, can't seem to be able to run any PHP scripts just comes back with:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Do you have to switch PHP support on ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom