Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Good idea - bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi People, I recently bought the name hempbox(.co.uk) with the idea of starting a hemp products subscription service. There is all ready one running on the .com. Will I run into troubles?

Thanks

Hi People, I recently bought the name hempbox(.co.uk) with the idea of starting a hemp products subscription service. There is all ready one running on the .com. Will I run into troubles?

Thanks

to state the obvious, have you considered an approach to the .com owners? i mean, not just to sell them the .co.uk domain, but to try and get an agreement, i.e. they have no issue with you using it, they partner or affiliate with you?

surely if you made an approach along those lines, kept a record of the communication and so on, if they don't respond at all but do try to threaten you when you are up and running you can say "well, i tried my best to approach them at the start"?

to state the obvious, have you considered an approach to the .com owners? i mean, not just to sell them the .co.uk domain, but to try and get an agreement, i.e. they have no issue with you using it, they partner or affiliate with you?

surely if you made an approach along those lines, kept a record of the communication and so on, if they don't respond at all but do try to threaten you when you are up and running you can say "well, i tried my best to approach them at the start"?

Hi Bob, yes I did email them last night, saying that I own the .co.uk and if they have any partnership opportunities. No reply as of yet

Thanks

that's a pro-active approach to take rather than just flat offering to sell it to them.

hopefully they give you some sort of response, but if they don't reply at all then i would imagine you could just carry on with your plans. assuming of course that you won't be doing anything that makes you look like you are passing off as them.

best of luck, whichever way it goes!

that's a pro-active approach to take rather than just flat offering to sell it to them.

hopefully they give you some sort of response, but if they don't reply at all then i would imagine you could just carry on with your plans. assuming of course that you won't be doing anything that makes you look like you are passing off as them.

best of luck, whichever way it goes!

Yea hopefully, if not going to setup my own, no wont make it look like I am passing off as them. There's no uk trademark on the name either, so should be fine I guess

I can't understand why you bought it when the .com was already in use, is it because you lacked the imagination or couldn't be bothered to come up with something of your own.

Surely you could have thought up a name that's not in use so you could have had the .com and .uk pair and no trouble down the line 'if' your service ever became successful before launching?

I can't understand why you bought it when the .com was already in use, is it because you lacked the imagination or couldn't be bothered to come up with something of your own.

Surely you could have thought up a name that's not in use so you could have had the .com and .uk pair and no trouble down the line 'if' your service ever became successful before launching?

If that was the case, no other domains would get registered apart from the .com and for 99p I couldn't resist registering.

Is not a trademark "hempbox" so no problem.
But "THE WONDER SEED" the product yes is a trademark but not sure
because this product is a owned by a Australian company , not sure the same the company own hempbox.com maybe just sell products.
For the future if you have want to find you can check here:
http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/
Official website for trademark all over the world and recomended to all to use.
Some trademarks are panding or inactive or not have Digital Class as a trademark so possible to buy a domain name etc..

I've had a first hand expensive experience and a lengthy discussion with nomyn3t and the bottom line seems if your service is deemed to be 'confusingly similar', then when they drs the living shit out of you, the expert might just take into consideration an established brand and website already in existence, but you might be fine who knows.. try it and find out.

And how can a service become successful before launching?

You need to think bigger. First .com then .uk. You can 301 the .com and use the .uk fine.

xblinkhemp.com - sorted, you see it wasn't that hard was it.

I've had a first hand expensive experience and a lengthy discussion with nomyn3t and the bottom line seems if your service is deemed to be 'confusingly similar', then when they drs the living shit out of you, the expert might just take into consideration an established brand and website already in existence, but you might be fine who knows.. try it and find out.

You need to think bigger. First .com then .uk. You can 301 the .com and use the .uk fine.

xblinkhemp.com - sorted, you see it wasn't that hard was it.

I can think of other names, xblinkhemp is rubbish I would never use that

Is not a trademark "hempbox" so no problem.
But "THE WONDER SEED" the product yes is a trademark but not sure
because this product is a owned by a Australian company , not sure the same the company own hempbox.com maybe just sell products.
For the future if you have want to find you can check here:
http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/
Official website for trademark all over the world and recomended to all to use.
Some trademarks are panding or inactive or not have Digital Class as a trademark so possible to buy a domain name etc..

Thanks Buzz

hempbox .com is not updated since Jan 2015, and no physical location or phone number is given, so it may be a generic online website.
hopefully i might not cause any risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom